OO CR087 - Addendum Reports
Return to OO Change Requests page.
|Submitted by: Pilots||Revision date: <<Revision Date>>|
|Submitted date: Mar-2012||Change request ID: OO CR087|
|Standard/IG: Implementation Guide||Artifact ID, Name: <<Artifact ID, Name>>|
Many labs issue addendum reports (sort of a reflex, but not quite) with additional information (e.g. AP / Cytology uses this frequently). This is not a corrected report since no information has been changed – only expanded. Do we need another Value in table 4.7.4 (HL& Table 0123)?
Some systems add an OBX to an existing OBR, it may be an additional OBR/OBX.
Report as another Final, but some may ignore that if the status is Final.
Propose V2.9 extension of OBR statuses with "Addendum" to address additional OBX in OBR. If additional OBR/OBX, no problem. Add guidance to LRI IG to indicate that until such status is in place, to use corrected.
Alternatively, suggest that addenda are managed as additional OBR/OBX.
Recommended Action Items
- V2.8 already includes new Table0085 values (A-Amended, B-Appended, V-Verified) for use cases around amended. Bob will check whether this will satisfy the requirements. If so, we will consider pre-adopted V2.8 table into the LRI IG.
- 14-Aug-2012 - Ken to check with Bob D.
- Bob Dieterle - Update 23 August 2012
- Preadopting HL7 version 2.8 table 0085 to allow the use of A, B and V (Amended, Appended, and Confirmed) to meet CLIA/CAP inspections requirements.
- Note: we will provide further definitions of Amended, Appended and Confirmed to help implementers.
- Motion to accept the proposal to use Version 2.8 Table 0085. Bob Dieterle, Seconded Riki Merrick. Against: 0, Abstain: 1, in favor: 7