OO CR018-635 Abnormal Flag Vocabulary
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to OO Change Requests page.
|Submitted by: Roger Hornsby, Ken McCaslin||Revision date: <<Revision Date>>|
|Submitted date: 3-Sep-2009||Change request ID: OO CR018|
|Standard/IG: Standard||Artifact ID, Name: <<Artifact ID, Name>>|
See File:OO CR018-635.doc for problem definition and proposal.
Recommended Action Items
- Motion to accept as proposed. Ken McCaslin, Carolyn
- Against: 0, Abstain: 0, In Favor: 6
- Add new code “HM” to Table 0078 Interpretation Codes
- The new code is intended to indicate that the laboratory is deferring interpretation of the result pending input from the ordering provider, due to circumstances with the patient that cause the typical normal ranges to not apply. The result will also not be placed in the patient record pending the ordering provider’s interpretation.
- This seems to have status implications, in addition to interpretation.
- Austin offered to help Ken with re-working this proposal.
- Motion: Add the additional interpretation code “HM” to Table 0078. Ken McCaslin, Rob Savage
- Against: 8; Abstain: 1: In Favor: 0