This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

November 13, 2013 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva Peters (chair and scribe)
  • Sharon Chaplock (HQ Resource)
  • Ken Chen
  • Rik Smithies
  • Mary Ann Boyle (HQ Resource)
  • Diego Kaminker
  • Patrick Loyd

Agenda

Tutorials

  • SAIF Webinar
    • draft tutorial specifications reviewed by ARB
    • expecting recording to be done in December
  • UML
    • we have all material from JD
    • evaluate after the January WGM
  • Request from Security WG to add their "free" tutorial to the Tutorial Grid for May 2014
Action: Mary Ann will send tutorial specification and determine requirement
  • Request from US Domain task force to create an SDO Class for Government Contractors (Keith Boone)
    • The class would describe standards development practices of SDO's and how contractors can better engage with SDOs. While we would certainly focus a good portion of content on engagement with HL7, we have other SDO constituencies within HL7 (CDISC, DICOM and IHE) that can add to the material making it even more valuable.
    • If there is enough interest during the call in developing such a course, we could begin a Project Scope statement are start developing the material for delivery perhaps in May.
Action:  Melva to send back to Keith - if they believe there is enough interest - develop PSS and Tutorial Specification and submit for approval

Project Approval

Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits

  • Creation of new training materials for summits
    • Introduction of FHIR at a Summit
      • Would allow for a true workshop format
      • would need to set up an environment
      • need to run like a Connect-a-Thon
Action: set up a PSS to develop this and plan for March 2014 in Washington DC
    • Students have been requesting this for V2 - environment with an interface engine
      • Need an open source engine - there is one for HL7 that could be used
    • Students coming to Summits are coming to learn the standards and are not likely to come and work on the standards
    • QRDA and HQMF - could be considered
      • Mary Ann to followup with Calvin on these
Action:  Patrick will develop 2 PSS - creation of a plan to create for a V2 workshop and also FHIR workshop for next meeting
  • Creation of new certifications
    • FHIR Certification - might be a little early for this
    • EHR FM
    • CCDA
    • QRDA
    • HQMF
    • may need to think about what it means to be certified in an implementation guide rather than a standard
    • Certificate vs Certification - need to consider/address requirements for re-certification
      • how do you maintain certification level for HL7?
Action: Schedule time in San Antonio to discuss further

Discussion of HL7 Education Curriculum

  • changing our marketing to be more role based
  • will include in the discussion along with Certification for San Antonio

Policy/Procedures

  • Continue discussion started in Cambridge
  • Next steps have not been completed
    • Patrick to pull in Mary Ann's procedure material and incorporate
Action:  Patrick will lead a discussion in December meeting

Online Certification Testing

  • Beginning January 2014 will only offer online certifications
    • Discussion at International Council - some questions about the overall process for this
      • in San Antonio - Thursday Q3 - Gearing up affiliates for CBT - for Affiliate reps
      • should consider a webinar

Action Item Followup

Education Action List

  • see updates on Action List Page - DEFERRED TO NEXT MEETING

eLearning update (Diego)

  • finishing International edition
    • FHIR Unit just release - has been updated since last version
    • planning to create new versions of assignments
  • Italian edition starting at the end of the week
  • Pakistan edition - Unit 6
  • Spanish Edition - Unit 8 or 9
    • delivered first Webinar for students - planning 4 per edition
      • may want to find a way to do the same for International edition

Member Advantage Webinar Selection

  • Discussion of topics for upcoming webinars
    • File:Suggested Topics for Member Advantage Webinars.docx
    • planning on offering 1 Webinar per month - free for Members as a member benefit
    • Suggestions for topics/sequence of topics - should be at a high level and not compete with fee-based webinars
      • need 12 topics for 2014 (and potential speakers)
Action:  Melva to create a WIKI page with list and ask for input - COMPLETE

AOB

  • None

Next meeting

  • Next meeting - December 11, 2013