This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Nov 7, 2012 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva Peters (Chair)
  • Virginia Lorenzi
  • Sharon Chaplock
  • Austin Kreisler
  • Mary Ann
  • Patrick

Agenda

  • Facilitator Training - Austin
    • Action item from the TSC - discussion of facilitator training
    • General issue - knowledgeable resources for standards development
    • not having enough people trained in V3 methodology for developing standards
    • Work with WGs - MnM and Vocabulary with Education -
    • Tutorial tracks for training facilitators
      • Modelling
      • Vocabulary
      • Publishing
    • What can we do to increase the pool?
    • These would be free tutorials
    • V3 Tools Tutorial - Woody and Lloyd
    • There used to be rules about being a facilitator - allowing facilitators to go to tutorials
    • Consider webinars for these so that they can be held outside of WGM
    • This could be incentive - to attract and train facilitators
Melva to Create a Project to look at this work - co-sponsored with MnM, Publishing, Vocabulary
  • HL7 Education Schedule
    • any followup discussion -
    • Proposal is out for review by Finance Committee
    • Updates on Webinars
    • Sharon to send schedule to the list
  • Spring 2013 Education Summit - March/April
    • need to consider how we do the education summits with the webinars
    • should focus on implementation
    • encourage taking the webinars first and then come to education summit
    • change to interactive workshops at ed summit
    • plan to adjust for Fall Ed Summit
    • March/April will do hands on
  • Project Review
    • RIM Certification Test Update Project (PSS 886) (Virginia) - no updates
    • Tutorial Tracking Information System (PSS )(AMS) - no updates
    • HL7 Certification Enhancement (PSS 865)
      • need to pull out this project
    • Education Webinars (PSS 871) - underway
      • see schedule
    • Electronic Certification Testing (PSS 882) - underway
      • RFP was written and sent out last week
      • Deadline for response is December 7, 2012
      • Proposal Review
      • Decision in early January
      • Could start offering online exams - likely 2nd quarter of 2013
  • Tutorials
      • UML - Patrick
        • no updates
      • V3 Project Manager - Marc Koehn
        • Marc to update
        • Melva to followup
    • Clinical Statement
      • no response
      • cancelled for January 2013 WGM
    • Receipt of Tutorial Specifications for January 2013 Tutorials
        • still waiting for some specifications for January
Mary Ann will send list of missing specifications
Melva will followup
  • Policy/Procedure
    • Auditing - Patrick
      • Patrick received feedback on document
      • He will followup with those that
      • For the next WGM - will have an updated version with more content

Next Meeting

  • November 21, 2012 at 11am Eastern