This page describes notations for defining mappings, and the current project in the ITS WG to choose and adopt an open, neutral notation for mappings.
The content is arranged in pages as follows:
- Mapping Notation Need discusses the need for a standard notation for mappings
- Types of Mapping Notation discusses possible types of mapping notation
- Mapping Notation Requirements lists the requirements identified and discussed at the Rio WGM
- Mapping Notation Project describes the project to define, evaluate and adopt a mapping notation
- Candidate Mapping Notations discusses the candidate notations identified at June 2010
One candidate mapping notation, called Open Mapping Language, is now available for review.
The language definition and supporting material are in Media:OpenMappingLanguageReviewPack.zip.
Please download and comment either here or on the ITS list.