Negation Requirements Project Minutes 5 September 2018
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Back to Negation Minutes
|HL7 PC-CIMI-POC Meeting Minutes
Location: PC call line
Time: 4:00-5:00 PM ET
|Facilitator||Jay Lyle||Note taker(s)||Jay Lyle|
|y||Jay Lyle||JP Systems|
|y||Yanyan Hu||Joint Commission|
- Problem - see Negation transform examples
- No problems: CDA negated 'problem' = FHIR code "no problems". This seems unproblematic.
- CDA can negate a specific problem
- FHIR can negate a specific problem if there is a specific code (Diabetic retinopathy of eye not detected (situation))
- Usually, there is a reason
- Refute a rule-out or suspected problem (verification status)
- Resolve a problem (clinical status)
- Some are just protocol questions: not pregnant, no night sweats.
- these are observations, not conditions. There doesn't seem to be a lot of need for specific negation of conditions.
- Use case: if CCDA contains "diabetes" negated, then what?
- How often does this happen?
- Engine needs to specify assumptions, e.g.,
- if it's a negated condition, it's not a condition; drop it, or
- only send negated conditions with histories that tell us whether to tag it as Resolved or Refuted
- next week
- Ken: no physical impairment
- Jay: no problems (more examples)
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
Agenda for 8/22:
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.