This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

MnM Minutes WGM 201901 SanAntonio

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

MnM 2019 Jan San Antonio WGM Minutes

Return to MnM Minutes


Wed Q1 Joint w/ Vocab & FHIR-I

Wed Q2 Joint w/ Vocab

Wed Q3 FHIR Data Type & Methodology issues - Joint w/FHIR-I


  • Lloyd McKenzie (chair)
  • Ron Shapiro (scribe)
  • Jean Duteax
  • Reuben Daniels
  • Yunwei Wang
  • Rick Geimer
  • Grahame Grieve (for Tracker Items)


  • Plans for R5
  • Abstract Data Types R2
  • Tracker Items

Plans for R5

  • Review non-Normative data types
    • Signature - need input from Security
    • SampleData - need input from OO
    • Attachment.hash
      • discussion about SHA1, in some countries, they are forbidden from using SHA1
      • Rueben will add a tracker to propose adding Attachement.hashAlgorithm as a code set (including SHA512)
    • Age - will check to see if this one has been used
    • Distance - look at removing this data type
    • Count - look at removing this data type

Abstract Data Types R2

  • extension for reaffirmation ballot in January 2018
  • extension only went until February 2018
  • we had one negative and so when it concluded September 20, 2018, it was withdrawn
  • we need to reballot the Abstract Data Types R2
    • we need to create a PSS to reballot Abstract Data Types R2
    • PSS needs to be fully approved by April 7th, 2019 in order to make September 2019 ballot
    • we will need to update value sets to reflect current content and replace links to external terminologies with current references
    • Motion to approve PSS: Jean Duteau/Ron Shapiro: 5-0-0

Tracker Items

  • Tracker #13535 - FHIR Resources used to hold data supplied from C-CDA entries need a place to represent act status - Not Persuasive
  • Tracker #19344 - Consider moving MedicationRequest.priority to Dosage or Timing
    • Jean will write up a white-paper describing the issue and Grahame will post on blog and seek implementor feedback

Thur Q4

  • Abdul-Malik Shakir - MnM
  • Wayne Kubbick - Observer
  • Lloyd McKenzie – MnM, FHIR-I
  • Jay Lyle – PC; report
  • Grahame Grieve - report
  • Rick Smithies – BR&R, No
  • Ewout Kramer
  • Brian Pech – publishing
  • John Moehrke, security
  • Austin Kriesler – Structure Documents
  • Paul Knapp, ITS, FM
  • Alexander Henket PA
  • Oliver Krauss - Observer
  • Sandy Stewart - InM
  • Rob Hausam - Vocab
  • Riki Merick – OO – Will have proposals
  • Dave Pyke - CBCC
  • Ted Klein – Vocab – 1 v3, 2 v2 proposals from PA; 1 from Vocab for FHIR
  • Rick Geimer – FHIR-I
  • Kathleen Connor – CBCC/Security – Will have harmonization, report
  • Brian Postlethwaite – PA (joined late)


  • reminds that there’s an overall calendar for everything
  • Expect 1 full day plus a backup

Harmonization proposals

  • Initial Proposals: Feb 11; Mar 8 Final proposals; Harmonization Mar 11-12



  • Patient Care will be working on clinical statuses. Will be scheduling weekly meetings and soliciting participants


  • missing the “sentence” describing R5 targets from several WGs
  • 24 resources targeted for normative in R5
  • Impressed with the work the committees are churning out and ability to progress content
  • We will be working to get publishing IGs to be a “well oiled machine” (technical + social/community sides).
  • If you’re planning to publish IGs for May, need to talk to Melva
  • New templates are coming, but won’t be in place for May
  • Will have more harmonization proposals once UTG is in place


  • If you want to ballot in Sept, PSS must be approved through the whole cycle by Apr. 7
  • FHIR IGs must be substantively complete by Feb. 17
  • CDA R2.1 publication will be in next 2 months. Starting a 30 day QA review. Ask Austin for the link. He’ll also send it to relevant lists
  • SD will no longer publish C-CDA or supplements as Word/PDF. Will use a web-based format.


  • There’s a problem with the security label class codes. Asking if there’s an errata process. Austin confirmed that it’s a substantive change to a normative document, so you have to go back to ballot. Might be able to add a * note indicating the planned change. Talk to Wayne about getting the note added.

Adjourned 6:10pm