MnM Minutes CC 20080926
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Approval of minutes
- Review Project Scope Statement for RIM Balloting (Beeler, Deadline is 9/28)
- Continue Versioning Discussion from Vancouver
- Verify Conference call & Harmonization schedule
- Other TBD
Shakir, McKenzie, Beeler, Stechishin, Seppala, Nelson, Kreisler, Spronk, Neat, Parker, Coller
Approval of Minutes
- September 5 minutes
- Beeler/Stechishin - unanimous
- Vancouver WGM minutes
- To be approved at a future date
Approval of Project Scope Statement for RIM Balloting
- Beeler/Nelson unanimous
Verify Conference call & Harmonization schedule
- The committee reviewed the upcoming MnM schedule. No objections or concerns were raised.
Questions from AMS re: submitting harmonization proposals
- For questions about submitting vocabulary submissions, he was directed to the "Vocabulary Maintenance Language (Value Set Revision)" on the wiki.
- He asked if it is possible to have a different value set for a qualifier than for a base code. -> Currently this is only supported in MIF.
- He asked how to restrict ActStatus? -> Propose a new valueSet.
- Versioning artifact ids does not buy us a lot.
- Versioning of packages is more useful
- Rather than having artifact versions for interactions, say I'm using NE2006.
- This tends to leave out the pre-adopters
- This is addressed by having ballot editions
- Conformance to a given edition or ballot is sufficient.
- If we identify the edition or ballot, separately identifying the versions of the artifacts is redundant. The way that we are currently specifying the version on artifacts is not sufficient.
- How do we know if something has changed between editions or ballots?
- Do we want to keep assigning version ids to artifacts (this has been useful for CMETs)
- We could use ARTIFACT_ID[DATE] to reference specific artifacts
- Tooling would have to be changed to support this
- Aren't CMETs always bound by name (not version)?
- How do we reference a specific version of a CMET?
- Versions of the same CMET should be compatible
- We need to draft a proposed solution that addresses the multiple constituents.
Action: Lloyd will lead the effort to draft a proposal. Woody will participate. Lloyd will solicate other participation.