This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

May 21, 2014 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva Peters (Chair)
  • Ken Chen (Scribe)
  • Melissa Bundy - Lantana Group
  • Sharon K. Chaplock - HL7 Director of Education
  • Diego Kaminker - HL7 Argentina
  • Mary Ann Boyle - HL7 Manager of Education

Meeting Minutes

Tutorials

  • SAIF Webinar
    • will be recorded at the WGM
    • Feb 5, 2014: Ron's day job interfered with his available time to record. He is looking to reschedule but no word yet.
    • May 21, 2014: Ron still has not had the time to engage the SAIF Webinar
Action: Melva will follow up with ARB who will look to find someone to record the information
Action:  Include as regular agenda item until recorded

September 2014 WGM Tutorial Grid

File:Copy of Sept 2014 preliminary tutorial grid.xlsx

  • Mary Ann Boyle is still trying to find bodies for the tutorial grid.
  • Melissa as suggested Rick Geimer - Lantana for a resource for FHIR tutorials
  • Requirements for teaching tutorials, need to audit course - we need to ensure that we follow the same process as we have for other tutorial speakers
Action: Sharon follow up with webinars for some of the tutorials that we can’t schedule for in Chicago

Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits

  • v2 Workshop Project
Action:  Melva will need to still follow up with this project with Patrick.

Updates to the certification exams

  • Sharon has analyzed the certifications and will need to possibly revise the questions.
  • Sharon would like to create a taskforce to review the questions on the exams.
    • Qualifications needed to be on the taskforce:
      • The group will be comprised of volunteers from the tutorial speaker pool to review the certification exam
      • Must have attended/audit the actual tutorial
      • Must be approved by the Education Committee
Action: Sharon will follow up on this

Current resources and reading material

  • Will look at the list to determine how we can use it
    • Ken is still working on a the list. As soon as it is completed, we will place it as an agenda item.
Action: Ken will compile a list
Action:  Include as an agenda item when Ken is finished

AOB

  • none

Next meeting

  • Next meeting - June 4, 2014 at 11am Eastern