March 29, 2018 Financial Management Work Group Conference Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Financial Management Home Page
Conference Call Schedule
- Occurs on Fridays, 1 PM Eastern
- FM Conference Call Calendar
Freeconference - at online meetings tab select join meeting and enter fm4 Dial in 515 739 1538 Access Code 589967
|Kathleen Connor Co-chair||x|
|Beat Heggli Co-chair||.|
|Paul Knapp Co-chair||x|
|John Moehrke Security Co-Chair|
|Mary Kay McDaniel||x|
- Review March 22 minutes.
- Mark announcement.
- Review - Cloud presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46jqE--02tE
- Next weeks call is cancelled.
- Kathleen chaired.
- Minutes of March 22th were reviewed and approved. Paul moved. Andy seconded. Approved 9-0-0.
- Mark announced recent CMS rulemaking initiatives related to APIs.
- At HIMSS'18 CMS announced the launch of the Blue Button 2.0 API. This is the API of FHIR EOB resources that I have been working on for the past couple of years. In April 2018 we will be enabling Production API access for the first batch of Applications from the pool of more than 200 developer organizations that have registered on the Blue Button Developer Sandbox (https://bluebutton.cms.gov)
- CMS is also looking to update regulations to require Managed Care Plans, Medicare Advantage Payers and Payers operating on the Healthcare.gov marketplace to make claims and associated information available to their members using standards-based APIs with the CMS Blue Button 2.0 API being the model on which these regulatory changes are based. This has the potential to accelerate the adoption of FHIR across the payer community in the US health care market.
- For people interested in diving in to this topic in greater detail I am holding a one-day Health Data Palooza pre-conference event that will focus on Blue Button 2.0: http://HealthCa.mp/dev
- The event is in Washington DC on Wednesday April 25th, 2018. Goto http://healthca.mp/dev to register.
- Cloud presented on the Eligibility and Coverage issues that he's concerned about related to draft Health Plan Resource.
- Discussion about Cloud's concerns and how handled in US and internationally.
- Meeting adjourned.
- Meeting recording available for one week @ https://fccdl.in/wQeSpvoCDl