March 18, 2016 Financial Management Work Group Conference Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Financial Management Home Page
Conference Call Schedule
- Occurs on Fridays, 4 PM Eastern
- Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 686300# (alternative for US if the first number doesn't work: +1 888-321-4501)
|Kathleen Connor Co-chair||x|
|Beat Heggli Co-chair|
|Paul Knapp Co-chair||x|
|John Moehrke Security Co-Chair|
|Mary Kay McDaniel|
- Approval of FM March 11 Call Minutes
- Vote on CBCC requested revision of CP 9536 Contract.topic, Contract.term.topic definition
- Discuss data types that should be available for valuing Contract elements
- Continue review of Paul's suggested revisions to claims.
- Kathleen chaired. Paul moved and Andy seconded approval of the agenda and minutes 2-0-0
- Kathleen presented on the CBCC FHIR CD recommended change to the Contract.topic/Contract.term.topic to more clearly differentiate the "topic" elements from Contract.subject. The recommendation is that the short description would be "Context of this contract", to include this in the current definition: "The matter of concern in the context of this agreement." Similarly, Contract.term.topic's short description is "Context of the Contract Term", and the detailed definition would be "The matter of concern in the context of this provision of the agreement". The proposal is to "pre-apply" these changes so that the community has an opportunity to consider it before a decision on whether to approve this change is finalized. The CBCC FHIR CD recommendation was accepted. Andy moved, Paul seconded 2-0-0.
- We discussed the data types to consider in addition to Resource(Any)to reference Contract.topic and Contract.term.topic. Use cases include topics that are not FHIR Resources, such as simple uri to policy or other online artifact, and string such as the linkID to a Questionnaire/Questionnaire question/group. Paul recommended using Coding bound to FHIR ResourceType and other appropriate value set. Paul suggested adding specific Resources such as Composition and DocumentReference.
- Paul and Kathleen continued walking through Paul's proposed changes to FHIR Claim.
- Paul had questions about how to map the Unit/Quantity and EPSDT/Family Planning fields on CMS 1500 [Line 24 column G and H). We weren't sure how payers adjudicate the EPSDT/Family Planning fields, and will triage question to Mary Kay.
- Meeting adjourned after 1.5 hours.