This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

June 5, 2013 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva Peters (chair and scribe)
  • Patrick Loyd
  • JD Baker
  • Rob Savage
  • Diego Kaminker
  • Sharon Chaplock (HQ Resource)
  • Mary Ann Boyle (HQ Resource)

Agenda

Project Review

Rewrite of Sample and Certification Exams - Project Scope Statement

  • Status - PSS has been created. Needs to be reviewed and approved
    • no updates to the PSS
Action:  Forward PSS to List - Patrick
Action:  Add to agenda for July 3rd meeting - Melva

Tutorials

  • UML - Patrick
    • Review of Tutorial Grid and feedback to JD - can we get Heather and Patrick to do this?
    • Patrick has not completed the review
Action:  Patrick will do the review over the next 2 days and send comments to JD and Norman - complete - has emailed JD with comments
Action:  Patrick will work with JD on changes

Policy/Procedure

  • Document other policies and procedures - Patrick
    • Start using the wiki to document
    • no updates
Action:  Patrick will forward link to the list and ask members to review and propose any policies and procedures

Online Certification Testing

  • Status - Sharon
    • launch on July 1st - online proctor testing and at testing centres
    • Sharon described online proctor testing
    • will be beta testing initially
    • will be eligible to register as of July 1
    • all of the policies will be listed on Certification page on HL7.org
    • we will be evaluating this as we go
    • involvement of the Affiliates - we need to continue this discussion
      • plan to make this available to the Affiliates, but not at this point in time
        • there may be some concerns from the Affiliates due to loss of revenues

Action Items from Atlanta

  • Provide a list of types of educational delivery methods that we are able to offer - create a wiki page or 1 pager - Melva/Sharon
Action: Sharon to create the list - target by the end of July 2013
  • Create a wishlist for webinars - send out to List serve and create wiki page to track - Melva/Sharon
Action:  Melva to create and send out
  • Talk to International Council - Webinar for HL7 Around the World - Melva
Action: Melva to talk to IC co-chairs
  • Certification Enhancement Project - Australia may be interested in starting up again - Melva to talk to Amy
Action: Melva to Followup with Amy
  • Create a dashboard of tutorials planned/held including numbers of attendees and numbers cancelled - Melva/Mary Ann
Action:  Mary Ann will update from May and January WGM
Action:  Melva to create a wiki page
  • Membership Committee - raise Education Portal for Universities as a membership benefit - Diego
Action:  Diego will raise this with Membership Committee

Discussion of adding other SDO content to our tutorials

  • need to determine if we can do this from an IP perspective - Melva has has Mark for more input
  • what courses?
    • V2 conformance class - IHE
    • IHE profiles in Meaningful use
  • how do we handle if our regular tutorial speakers don't have this knowledge?
  • Next steps?
    • may need to create a project scope statement for this work
    • Diego has some ideas for creating a new series of webinars or summits focused on HL7 to IHE implementation guides instead of MU guides (hands on sessions)
Action: add as agenda item for Education lunch in Cambridge

Education Portal

  • Expect to be launched in early July 2013

Education Outreach - Kenya

  • Status - this is an outstanding task - Deferred
  • Kenya eLC site has been created - will be hosted by HL7 International

eLearning update (Diego)

  • only 1 week left in English addition
  • about to publish the FHIR unit this week as an optional unit as a trial
  • Brazil - still underway
  • Pakistan - finishing this week
  • Czech Republic - mid way through the course
  • Spanish edition - in Week 10

Other Business

  • Enterprise Architect - Birds of a Feather session in Cambridge has been approved and will likely be held at each meeting
    • make sure Lillian is notified - will reserve room space

Next meeting

  • Next teleconference - June 19, 2013 - at 12 noon