June 28th 2017 Education Telecon
- Discuss prior minutes posting and review agenda
- Staff transitions and the HL7 education WG
- Certification Status:
- Discuss status of FHIR certification projects - PSSes, business plan, etc.
- Discuss Newcomer Webinar
- HL7 Education for Clinicians - status
- Sept grid status
- Report from HQ and others on active education initiatives from ed and marketing perspective and their needs
Call to Order
- Call info: Wednesday, 4PM EDT Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 447895
GotoMeeting for HL7 Education:
Meeting Details Date and Time: 6/28/17 4:00 pm EST Location: webex Attendees: Sharon, Fernando Campos, Lynne Laakso, Mary Ann Boyle
Lynne will be covering some of Sharon's duties until her replacement is onboarded
Melissa and Virginia will meet offline to discuss meeting minutes and any needed updates
Lynne is covering some of Sharon's responsibilities
A new Marketing Director has been hired to replace Melanie - we will look forward to working with her
Sharon is on contract to enter practice exam into the Education Portal (still waiting on the questions), FHIR Proficiency exam into Webassesor, release v2.8 exam in September
Virginia: has everyone reviewed the Study Guide and Path to Certification?
Fernando: Can we specify which courses in the FHIR track are applicable in the Study Guide, and should we add the Test Prep class.
Test update: New questions added, and FMG is working on defensibility
Sharon: Confirmed Webassessor can be configured to do multi-select
Simone and Virginia are word-smithing test, and categorizing questions. Have enough for a practice test and the real test. Hoping to have this in to Sharon by the end of the week.
Test is officially "Proficiency Exam", this is a certification that will be prerequisite to the professional certification
Implementers group met to talk about the larger certification effort, making some progress
Newcomer's Webinar - shoot for having it done for Sept. WGM - give it a clever name, use some of the material from the First Time Attendee's class
Virginia: "HL7 for Clinicans by Clinicians" track!
Mary Ann - we're all set for September except for the FHIR test. We need to be prepared for that once we put the word out, we will get asked for
Standards summer school is complete - RIM and CDA did well, no interest in v2
Virginia packed 'em in (2 conference rooms) at the NY Dept of Health talking about v2
Mary Ann moved to adjourn at 5:03, Fernando seconded
- Melissa and Virginia to meet offline about meeting minutes, Strategy, and HL7 for Clinicians
- Fernando and Virgina to work via email on verbiage in Study Guide
- Newcomer's Webinar - Melissa to come up with the detailed webinar spec