This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

July 31, 2013 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva Peters (chair and scribe)
  • Diego
  • Rob Savage
  • Ken Chen
  • Sharon
  • Mary Ann
  • Patrick

Agenda

TSC Election

  • Candidate - Frieda Hall

File:2013 TSC Profile Freida Hall.docx

  • Motion that the Education WG votes for Freida Hall as T3SD Co-Chair was moved by Diego and seconded by Rob - Carried (3/0/0)
Action:  Melva to submit vote

Project Review

Rewrite of Sample and Certification Exams - Project Scope Statement

  • Status - PSS has been created. Needs to be reviewed and approved - Patrick
Action: Patrick will forward the draft to the Education List
  • Defer discussion to the next call
Action:  Add to agenda for next teleconference

Tutorials

  • UML - Patrick
    • JD has submitted a second version which has been reviewed by Patrick -
    • JD is now developing slide deck and will submit to Patrick for review
Action: Patrick will touch base with JD

Policy/Procedures

  • Document other policies and procedures - Patrick
  • Patrick requested that time be set aside on each conference call to discuss the roles and framework so that we can get some of this done
Action: Include as an agenda item for each Teleconference
Action: Set aside some time in Cambridge

Online Certification Testing

  • Status - Sharon
    • Launched online testing on July 1st as planned
    • Have had a few individuals registered - HL7 International website has been updated
    • Host Centres - approximately 400 sites around the world
    • On line proctor testing
    • For testing in Cambridge - will be using the client proctor testing but will also offer paper and pencil testing
    • 1 individual has taken test online, but 19 registered - there are some international participation.
Action: Diego will be discussing with the Affiliates the impact of this
Action:  will discuss with International Council co-chairs

Action Items from Atlanta

  • Provide a list of types of educational delivery methods that we are able to offer - create a wiki page or 1 pager - Melva/Sharon
Action: Sharon to create the list - target by the end of July 2013 - done; Melva to post
  • Create a wishlist for webinars - send out to List serve and create wiki page to track - Melva/Sharon
Action:  Melva to create and send out - done - no responses as yetAction: Melva to send out a reminderAction:  Sharon to send list of Webinars based on survey
  • Talk to International Council - Webinar for HL7 Around the World - Melva
Action: Melva to talk to IC co-chairs
  • Certification Enhancement Project - Australia may be interested in starting up again - Melva to talk to Amy
Action: Melva to Followup with Amy
  • Create a dashboard of tutorials planned/held including numbers of attendees and numbers cancelled - Melva/Mary Ann
Action:  Mary Ann will update from May and January WGMAction:  Melva to create a wiki page - done
Action - Mary Ann to send to Melva
  • Membership Committee - raise Education Portal for Universities as a membership benefit - Diego
Action:  Diego will raise this with Membership Committee

Discussion of adding other SDO content to our tutorials

Action: add to agenda for Cambridge WGM 
Action:  Melva to followup with Mark

Education Portal

  • Status - waiting for updates to e-Commerce
  • Portal is open to members and non-members
  • Tutorial recordings - member and non-member rate
  • There is a Link to Ambassador Webinars
  • Different user name and password than International website

Education Outreach - Kenya

  • Status - this is an outstanding task
  • No update
Action:  Diego to follow up with Kenyans about eLearning course

eLearning update (Diego)

  • no course ongoing through International
  • HL7 Brazil is continuing
  • International edition is ready to launch
    • 12 scholarships
    • 315 registered
    • 12-14 tutors -

SAIF Webinar

  • offer to create from Ron Parker
  • ARB is looking for some guidance on updating the SAIF tutorial to a webinar
  • Patrick will work with Lorraine draft PSS and tutorial specification for this
  • Ron Parker will start preparing the material - has requested Sharon for technical information
  • The tutorial specification needs to be completed first -
  • Concerns were raised about the content and how understandable it is -
  • First step could be getting current SAIF tutorials into a webinar format
  • Diego and Melva volunteered to review webinar prior to advertising it
Action: Sharon will followup with Ron and forward the webinar planning template to Patrick

Other Business

Tooling and Education Overlap

  • email from Tooling Co-Chair about opportunities to work together - have invited Tooling Co-Chair to join call on Aug 14th

Webinar Planning for next year

Action: set a deadline date for planning 2014 Webinar Series - plan for part of a quarter in Cambridge
Action: send ideas to Sharon and/or Melva - include on the wiki

Tutorial Planning for January 2014

Action: Mary Ann to start drafting and will forward out

Next meeting

  • Next teleconference - August 14, 2013 - at 12 noon Eastern