This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

July 2, 2014 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva Peters - (Chair)
  • Ken Chen - (Chair) Scribe
  • John Quinn - HL7 CTO
  • Melissa Bundy - Lantana Group
  • Mary Ann Boyle - HL7 Manager of Education
  • Jean Duteau - Duteau Design
  • Sharon Chaplock - HL7 Director of Education

Meeting Agenda/Minutes

T3SD Election

  • Andy Stetchishin is nominated

Andy Stechishin Profile

  • No other candidates have been nominated but Andy Stetchishin for T3SD.
  • Jean Duteau - Motion to move - Ken Chen - Second the motion
    • Results: 4 In favor 0 Against 0 Abstain (4 0 0) Approved
Action: Melva will submit T3SD Vote for Education to HQ - complete

Tutorials

  • SAIF Webinar
    • will be recorded at the WGM
    • Feb 5, 2014: Ron's day job interfered with his available time to record. He is looking to reschedule but no word yet.
    • May 21, 2014: Ron still has not had the time to engage the SAIF Webinar
    • June 4: No updates since last conference call, Melva will continue to follow up
Action: Melva will follow up with ARB who will look to find someone to record the information
Action:  Include as regular agenda item until recorded

September 2014 WGM Tutorial Grid

File:Copy of Sept 2014 preliminary tutorial grid.xlsx

  • Discussion on Webinars to replace tutorials that can't be scheduled for Chicago
Action: Sharon is still working on possible Webinars for Chicago

Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits

  • v2 Workshop Project
    • Melva has reached out to Patrick but no new updates.
    • Diego might take on this project depending if Patrick has the bandwidth to complete it.
Action: Melva will continue to find out more information about Patrick's commitments

Updates to the certification exams

  • Sharon has analyzed the certifications and will need to possibly revise the questions.
  • Sharon would like to create a taskforce to review the questions on the exams.
    • Qualifications needed to be on the taskforce:
      • The group will be comprised of volunteers from the tutorial speaker pool to review the certification exam
      • Must have attended/audit the actual tutorial
      • Must be approved by the Education Committee
Action: Sharon has drafted the process and will continue to work on the planning of a group to review the material.

Webinar Planning for 2015

  • Discussion of proposed webinar topics for 2015
Action: Melva will send an email to the list about upcoming webinars in the future
Action:  Include on next teleconference agenda

WGM Planning

  • Quarters - Monday Q3 and Q4, Thursday Q1 and Q2
    • Melva will be unable to attend WGM on Thursday Q1 and Q2
Action: Ken/Diego will lead the meetings on Thursday.

Current resources and reading material

  • Will look at the list to determine how we can use it
    • Ken is still working on a the list. As soon as it is completed, we will place it as an agenda item.
    • Still compiling list but researching a possible open source library software called Koha. www.koha.org
    • Ken Chen is still working on the resource list. Koha software may not be an option since the only modules that would be only use is Cataloging and Serials.
Action: Ken will generate the resource list first then add this to the next WGM Q1/Q2 agenda item for discussion. 

AOB

  • Certification Exam Time
    • Sharon said HL7 Spain asked more testing time for the certification exams. Currently the testing time is 2 hours and the testers are having a difficult time with the english items
Action:  Include as agenda items for WGM Quarters
  • Translation of Certification Exams
    • Sharon suggested possibility of created a spanish version of the certification exams to help with comprehension.
Action:  Include as agenda items for WGM Quarters

Next meeting

  • Next meeting - July 16, 2014 at 11am Eastern