July 15, 2014 Security WG Conference Call
|x||Member Name||x||Member Name||x||Member Name||x||Member Name|
|x||Mike DavisSecurity Co-chair||x||John MoehrkeSecurity Co-chair||.||Trish WilliamsSecurity Co-chair||.||Bernd BlobelSecurity Co-chair|
|.||Chris Clark||.||Johnathan ColemanCBCC Co-Chair||.||Kathleen Connor||.||Duane DeCouteau|
|.||Reed Gelzer||x||Suzanne Gonzales-WebbCBCC Co-chair||x||Rick Grow||x||David Henkel|
|.||Mohammed Jafari||.||Don Jorgenson||x||Alexander Mense||.||Amanda Nash|
|.||Paul PetronelliMobile Health Security Co-chair||x||Diana Proud-Madruga||.||Harry Rhodes||,||Aaron Seib|
|.||Ioana Singureanu||.||Walter Suarez||.||Tony Weida||.||Paul PetronellimHealth Co-chair|
|x||Julia Chan||x||[mailto: Steve Hufnagel]||.||.||.||.|
- (05 min) Roll Call, Approval of Meeting Minutes
- (10 min) Update: Way with Verbs - Project Scope Statement - Tony
- (10 min) Review of FHIR dispositions - review/discussion - ongoing
- (05 min) Other business, action items, and adjournment
- The meeting minutes for July 08, 2014 were approved with one abstention from John Moehrke.
Way with Verbs - Project Scope Statement - Diana/Steve/Tony
- Diana described the title, primary work group, project facilitator, and “other interested parties” sections of the project scope statement for the Way with Verbs project.
- John explained that there is not a deterministic relationship between clinical verbs, security verbs, and privacy verbs.
- Mike revisited the details of how HL7 defined workflow for clinicians in the VA for the RBAC catalog to explain how EHR did not provide sufficient vocabulary to support RBAC. Therefore, he continued, the Way with Verbs project aims to solve that initial issue by working with EHR.
- Mike suggested that scope of the Way with Verbs project be limited to verbs and objects that are part of clinical workflows that make sense to clinicians. The domain for us is, principally, access control.
- John says that we should align the RBAC process to the EHR model to create the access control validation.
Link: <<add link>>
ACTION ITEM: Security WG members to submit comments directly to Diana for incorporation prior to next week's call so she will have time to present to the EHR Working Group.
Meeting Adjourned at 1502 PDT