This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

January 24th 2017 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Agenda

  • Madrid Education Preparation:
    • Tutorial Brochure Preparations status: blurbs, speakers, translation
    • Standards for Interoperability in Spanish
    • Newcomer webinar, elevator pitches.
    • Class material translation
  • WGM Meeting Preparation:
    • Madrid: Reserve Quarters and chairs, confirm Austin, discuss conf call ability. Consider future Quarters.
  • Certification: FHIR/Arden PSSes, Grading of FHIR test, 2.8, other.
  • Dashboard status – maybe call after this one?
  • Ed to Go Status
  • Education "idea dump" status
  • Education for clinicians status
  • Strategic or 3 year plan
  • Should we present to board?
  • Any reports from HQ?
  • Chair Reminders: Need rooms reserved for WGM. Need to determine deadline for board report, for WGM agenda.

Call info

Wednesday, 4PM EDT Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 447895


Call to Order

  • Attendees: John Ritter, Virginia Lorenzi, Sharon Kayne Chaplock, Melissa Mendivil, Supreet Kathpalia
  • Madrid Education Preparation:
    • Diego completed the translations of the blurbs to Spanish for the May WGM in Madrid.
    • The meeting with the Spanish university panelists for the WGM has been set up by Paco
    • Sharon will send Paco an email to check on status of class materials translations.
    • Standards for Interoperability in Spanish will be offered starting Feb 28th and taught by Diego.
  • Preparing the WGM Newcomer
    • Sharon: we'd need this done by early April if we want do this in time for the May WGM should it be in both English and Spanish? Virginia: we can incorporate this in the newcomer's packet
    • John: Could we connect newcomers with existing members/ work groups? Sharon: this may be beyond the scope of this webinar.
    • We decided that the Newcomer Webinar for WGM should start in September
    • Virginia: can we approach Ken McKaslin, or someone in a leadership position? Also those that do First Timer's may have some ideas for it (Calvin, Frieda, Ken). The idea is not to replace the First Timers - it should encourage them to attend the First Timer's Tutorial.
    • Melissa:can we incorporate some footage or pictures of previous WGMs?
    • Melissa and Virginia will be coming up with a syllabus for this webinar to provide to Sharon.
    • News from HQ: Hold on "elevator pitches" idea for WGs until any reorganization for WGs is done.
  • Tutorial Blurbs
    • Melissa has been reviewing the tutorial blurbs for V2. Mary Ann noted in email that updating the blurbs for the WGM brochure for V2 is not a priority since we wont have the class in person for the next few WGMs. Virginia noted that the V2 classes are still being taught as webinars and felt that updating the blurbs would be beneficial. Sharon agreed. We agreed that we should have the same one for the WGM and the online tutorials. John noted that keeping the blurbs up to date can help people anywhere who have access to the recorded resources understand what is available. We will continue to update the blurbs.
  • WGM Meeting Preparation:
    • Madrid: Melissa and Virginia to finalize reservation of quarters.
    • Deadline to reserve rooms for quarters at WGM in Madrid = Friday.
    • Invitations for joint meetings need to go out by Friday also. (groups: CIC, FHIR management)
  • Certification: FHIR/Arden PSSes, Grading of FHIR test, 2.8, other.
    • Draft FHIR certification test modified scope statements done. We are now the lead for this project and driving dates, etc. Reviewed it - some of the deadlines were wrong - Virginia to update and recirculate.
    • Draft FHIR proficiency PSS done as well. Reviewed it - looks better.
    • We need feedback from FHIR group on the order for implementing the cert tests (which one should go first?) as this will impact deadlines - particularly HQ deadlines.
    • Sharon has been investigating other test delivery systems that would include short answers
    • We really need to update the 2.8 study guide. Test is on hold until that is done. Ted updated the test. Might want to ask him for input on look at change list from version of current test.
  • Dashboard status – maybe call after this one?
  • Ed to Go Status
    • Sharon is collecting responses on this.
  • Meeting adjourned at 5:05PM Eastern.
  • We did not get to the following agenda items:
    • Education "idea dump" status
    • Education for clinicians status
    • Strategic or 3 year plan
    • Should we present to board?
    • Any reports from HQ?