January 23%C 2009 Sample MM
FM Conference Call Noon Eastern Time (January 23rd, 2009)
- Mary Kay McDaniel (email@example.com)
- Joann Larson (Joann.Larson@kp.org)
- Jeff Strand (Jeff.Strand@EDS.com)
- Kristine Weinberger (Kristine.Weinberger@acs-inc.com)
- Lisa Doyle (Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alex DeLeon (Alex.Deleon@kp.org)
- June Rosploch (email@example.com)
- George Arges (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Todd Omundson (email@example.com
1. Join the conference call: Use HL7 Conference Call servicer
Phone: 770-657-9270 Passcode: 459876#
- 5 min Roll call
- 5 min' Approve Orlando WGM Minutes -We need to fix a reference to a spreadsheet and Craig will add it. Motion to approve minutes
- 10 min Review Harmonization tracker, solicit feedback
- 30 min Discuss Project Scope Statement Changes for:
- Data Types (move to MnM)
- ITS (desire to convert to Normative)
- SAEAF Participation
- 10 min OK "CBC" submissions for RIM and Core Principals
- Motion to accept the Orlando WGM minutes (Patrick/Ioana). Motion passes unanimously.
- Ioana gave an overview of the GForge harmonization tracker.
- There was discussion about how much information should be in the tracker versus in a document that allows greater markup and graphical capability.
- Woody suggested reducing the number of fields in tracker and using it for the upcoming harmonization call.
- Woody noted that he will be adding some fields to the harmonization proposal sheet to tie proposals back to ballot items where relevant.
- Follow up to make sure that changes to the coversheet that were discussed in Orlando have been made. Russ will do this.
- Woody proposed updating the ITS and Data Types R2 project scope statement since the current one is quite old and out of date and since abstract data types have moved from INM to MnM.
- Motion (Andy/Patrick) Woody will submit a project scope statement by Sunday (to meet the deadline) and the committee will review (and refine if necessary) next week. Motion passes unanimously.
- Since data types ITS R2 will be an ISO standard, Woody suggested that within HL7 it should be Normative instead of DSTU. He and Lloyd will be working to make this happen.
- Woody will prepare a scope document for MnM's participation in the SAEAF project.
- Motion (Andy/Patrick) for Woody to submit the current ballot content for RIM and Core Principles. Motion passes unanimously.
Name Affiliation E-mail Address Susan Lepping Siemens firstname.lastname@example.org Kathleen Connor Fox Systems, Inc email@example.com Mary Kay McDaniel Markam firstname.lastname@example.org Joann Larson Kaiser Permanente Joann.Larson@kp.org
Jeff Strand EDS Jeff.Strand@EDS.com
Kristine Weinberger ACS Kristine.Weinberger@acs-inc.com
Lisa Doyle ACS Lisa.email@example.com
Alex DeLeon Kaiser Permanente Alex.Deleon@kp.org
June Rosploch Kaiser Permanente firstname.lastname@example.org
George Arges AHA email@example.com Todd Omundson AHA firstname.lastname@example.org
CONFERENCE CALL INFORMATION TUESDAYS at 12:00 – 1:30 PM EASTERN CALL NUMBER: (702)-894-2444 PASS CODE: 4512567# Call to order The meeting was called to order by Kathleen Connor (chair). Susan Lepping (scribe). 1. Review agenda Reviewed the agenda sent to the FM list serve and moved the agenda item to approve the minutes from the 2/5 FM call to the end. Call to order (Chair: Kathleen Connor) 1. Review agenda 2. v2.7 HL7-defined tables for NUBC Codes (NUBC.doc attached) 3. v2.7 XPN Family Name Issue (email to FM list) 4. Review of v2.7 proposal #549 to make NDC Code (FT1-29) and NDC Qty & UOM (FT1-43) repeat. 5. Review of proposed Pricing CMET – discuss use cases, vocabulary requirements, and walk-through development 6. Discussion of Version 3 MITA work 7. Planning for Action Items and next meeting Agenda 8. Approve minutes from 2/5 FM call (attached)
2. v2.7 HL7-defined tables for NUBC Codes (NUBC.doc) Joann is working on moving the code tables associated with data types to a new chapter (2c). She found several data types having embedded NUBC codes in HL7-defined tables. PA had a similar situation last year. Their resolution was to create entries in table 0396 for the NUBC code sets. The format used for the entry in table 0396 was: UB04FL99 UB – Uniform Bill 04 – 2004 (form year) FL – Form Locator 99 – 2 digits representing the Form Locator number
There are 3 data types at issue. 1) Data Type UVC for UB2-6 (Value Amount & Code) Motion: 1) Deprecate HL7-defined Table 0153 – Value Code. 2) Request that Vocabulary add UB04FL39 to Table 0396. 3) Include examples: • Birth Weight – Value Code = 54; Value Amount = grams • Semi-private Rate – Value Code = 01; Value Amount = 200.00 An issue came up during the example discussion. Data type UVC contains a Value Code (CNE) and a Value Amount (MO). The problem is that not all Value Codes defined in UB04FL39 are representative of a monetary value. There are multiple value types represented by this code set (ie. Money, UOM, Integer, etc.) There was discussion about scraping the UVC data type for a new data type that would include a component that identifies the value type or UCUM for the value code. Action Items: 1. Kathleen and George to work on identifying the different Value Amounts that are reflected in the code set. 2. Joann is going to take the issue to Vocab (2/13) and InM for discussion.
2) Data Type OCD for UB2-7 (Occurrence Code & Date) Motion: 1) Deprecate HL7-defined Table 0350 – Occurrence Code. 2) Request that Vocabulary add UB04FL31 to Table 0396. 3) Include an example Made: Susan Lepping Second: Joann Larson Motion carried 10-0-0
3) Data Type OSP for UB2-8 (Occurrence Span Code/Dates) Motion: 1) Deprecate HL7-defined Table 0351 – Occurrence Span. 2) Request that Vocabulary add UB04FL35 to Table 0396. 3) Include a Prior Stay example, where the occurrence Span Code = 71 and the Occurrence Span Start Date and Occurrence Span Stop Date are both valued (CCYYMMDD) 4) Make OSP-2 and OSP-3 Required. Made: Susan Lepping Second: Joann Larson Motion carried 10-0-0 3. v2.7 XPN Family Name Issue (XPN Issues.doc) Joann gave a history of the issue (refer to the XPN Issues.doc). FM's use of this data type is for guarantor and insured. FM likes the idea of the masking concept, which is currently supported in the v3 for a patient but not a person. This issue really needs to be coordinated across the administrative domain. Action Items: 1. Joann will send out an email to the PA and FM list serves to initiate the discussion and we will try to finalize this on next Tuesday's FM call. 4. Review of v2.7 proposal #549 to make NDC Code (FT1-29) and NDC Qty & UOM (FT1-43) repeat. • Item tabled due to time constraint. 5. Review of proposed Pricing CMET – discuss use cases, vocabulary requirements, and walk-through development • Item tabled due to time constraint. 6. Discussion of Version 3 MITA work • Item tabled due to time constraint. 7. Planning • We will continue v2 work on next Tuesdays FM call. • A separate call will be scheduled to work on the MITA Project and get people "Tooled Up". Action Item: Kathleen will schedule a call for Friday February 15, 2008 2PM Eastern
8. Approve minutes from 2/5 FM call (attached) • Item tabled due to time constraint. 9. Adjournment
Informal decision for adjournment at 1:30PM EDT Upload minutes at http://hl7.org/special/Committees/