Implementation FAQ:processing v3 schema with standard tools
This page documents implementers' experience with tools. Note that the contents of this page do not constitute a recommendation for specific tools by any part of the HL7 organization, the intent is to document experiences and show workarounds if required.
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- There are some known issue with Microsoft .NET v1.1, refer to the following: Implementing HL7 v3 Using the .NET Framework 1.1
- The HL7 v3 schemas work right out of the box when using Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0
- The Symphonia toolkit (version ??) has a problem with minOccurs=0 maxOccurs=0 and some other strange constructs used in the base datatypes schema. There are a few of those, if removed/tweaked in the schema they can be imported in Symphonia.
- MSXML (versions prior to v6): messages don't validate, although they're known to be valid. They validate using MSXML v6.
- Bizztalk Accelerator
- Issues in v2.0, see this Blog.