This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

ITS WGM Minutes 2016 Jan

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Return to: WGM Minutes > 2016 > January Orlando

Return to: ITS Main Page > WGM Minutes

ITS - Orlando, FL - January 2016

Monday, January 11


chair: Dale Nelson scribe: Andy Stechishin

No Quorum


chair: Dale Nelson scribe: Andy Stechishin

No quorum


chair: Dale Nelson scribe: Andy Stechishin

Joint with FHIR

FMG report

  • tighter validation in build
  • new resource proposals due Feb 9
  • Mar 13 (v2.1) content freeze, July 17 (v3) content freeze
  • FHIR ballot process feedback

FHIR Tracker Items:

  • 8666 - on hold pending decision on 8814
  • 8814 - pending on definition of FMM5 community process and execution of process
  • 8773 - resolved - see tracker
  • 8930 - resolved - see tracker
  • 9048 - resolved - see tracker
  • 9049 - resolved - see tracker
  • 9092 - resolved - see tracker

Tuesday, January 12

Wednesday, January 13


chair: Dale Nelson scribe: Andy Stechishin

On telecon Tony Malia, Eric Prud'hommeaux, Marc Twagirumukiza, Chris Stoeckert

DB overviewed the requirements. most importantly, mappings for instance data for a round trip between FHIR instances and other exchanges content models (HL7 v2). More than 1/2 way, not able to assess the difficulty of the remaining items. Tony sense was that the remaining word is considerable. DB commented that there may be some wholesale mapping but this point is contentious among the group.

DB discussed the project deliverables. There was much discussion on adding a tab to the FHIR resource pages for RDF and how that content would appear/be described.

When discussing the Shape Expression deliverable, the topic of FHIR-Path was raised. There was discussion on whether FHIR-Path and Shape Expressions were swappable, should one take preference over the other, what are the similarities and differences between the technologies. DN announced that it appears that FHIR-Path will be coming under ITS for its development.

Tony commented on the lack of a test suite and the group wondered if there was a suite to validate the XML<-->JSON round-tripping in FHIR. AS commented that the AEGIS suite has some testing capabilites but was unsure of the extent. It was wondered if AEGIs would extend into the RDF realm. Eric offered to do some work but needed a contact and a pair to see the work move forward. DN would provide a contact at AEGIS (Richard Ettema was suggested). Eric did comment that because of the amount of work he currently is shouldering, he would need a partner in this effort. It was noted by DB that having a test suite is important and should be listed with the other deliverables.

Motion: Merge deliverables 1 (FHIR RDF page) and 2 (FHIR Ontology page) into a single deliverable with a single page DB/Tony 11-0-1

AS will help Tony with formatting and DB would help with content. The initial change would be developed prior to the interface into the FHIR change management process. Tony will convert his content into XHTML then post to GitHub for collaborative editing from the group to bring to a state suitable for the engagement of the FHIR change management process.

MvdZ offered to help with deliverable 4 (FHIR spec build process)

The question of the tab on the resource page for RDF. Marc suggested a readable format of the ShEX. The consensus was to use ShEX as the notional content for the RDF tab with confirmation to occur later.

DB will follow up offline with Chris to see how the meetings can be made more productive for Chris


chair: Dale Nelson scribe: Andy Stechishin

DN gave an overview of the events in AID leading to the current quarter meeting.

Motion: Create a PSS to evaluation Query/Mapping languages - Ken Lord

A long discussion on the use of languages for query, for mapping, definition of new things in HL7 only, other applicable uses, using RDF and so forth. Some of the contention was whether to include mapping in the PSS definition. During this discussion, the group was unable to come to consensus on proposed wording changes to the original motion.

Motion withdrawn

Motion: Create a PSS to explore relationship between CQL and FHIR-Path Bryn/Ewout 7-0-2


Name Init. Affiliation Email Monday Tuesday Wednesday
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
STECHISHIN, Andy AS CANA Software & Services Ltd. × × × × ×
NELSON, Dale DN Accenture × × × × ×
KNAPP, Paul PK Knapp Consulting Inc. ×
MANDEL, Joshua JM Boston Children's Hospital × ×
PEYTCHEV, Vassil VP Epic × × ×
BOOTH, David DB Hokukahu ×
SHAFARMAN, Mark MS Shafarman Consulting ×
VAN DER ZEL, Michael MV HL7 Netherlands ×
SWAIN, Ashley ASw ESAC × ×
PECH, Brian BP Kaiser Permanente × ×
KRAMER, Ewout EK Furore ×
GRENZ, Chris CGz Analysts International ×
SHEKLETON, Kevin KSh Cerner Corporation ×
KULKARNI, Vinayak VKu Cerner Corporation ×
SHAPIRO, Ron RSh Qvera ×
MCINTYRE, Andrew AM Medical-Objects ×
SONG, Joon Hyun JHS IHIS Research Center in Kyungpook National University ×
BAE, Sungchul SB Kyungpook National University ×
NICHOLS, Jared JN Wolters Kluwer Health ×
RHODES, Bryn BR Database Consulting Group ×
BERNHARDT, Peter PB McKesson Corporation ×
ETTEMA, Richard RE, Inc. ×
SHANBHAG, Avinash AvS Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT ×
KRAMER, Mark MK The MITRE Corporation ×
WANG, Yunwei YW Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) ×
SETHI, Kanwarpreet KPS Lantana Consulting Group ×
SKAPIK, Julia JSk Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT ×
MAJEED, Raphael RMj University Oldenburg ×
HADLEY, Marc MHa Mitre ×