ITS WGM Minutes 2012 May

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Return to: ITS Main Page > WGM Minutes

ITS - Vancouver, British Columbia, WGM May 2012

Co-Chairs

Paul Knapp (PK) Dale Nelson (DN) Andy Stechishin (AS)

Monday, May 14

Q1

Chair: PK

Scribe: AS

Announcement of co-chair election this WGM, Andy Stechishin is standing for re-election.

Planning for Week:

Motion: Accept plan for WGM BP/AS unanimous

Review of projects

Motion: Wire format compatible: intend to abandon will make decision in Baltimore AS/Mark unanimous

Motion: Approve revised XML Encoding document changes DN/VP unanimous

Motion: Approve publication request for XML Encoding rules for HL7 V2 Project# 825 AS/DN unanimous

Q2

Chair: PK

Scribe: AS

The ITS Guide was reworked. Various edits and rewording was done to address ballot comments (recorded on ballot reconciliation spreadsheet). Draft changes will be posted, vote for NIB and document approval in upcoming teleconference

Q3

Did not meet

Q4

Chair: PK

Scribe: AS

General discussion of simplification schemes and example review including FHIR. PK presented his efforts in arriving at simplification.

 Notes

Tuesday, May 15

Q1

No meeting

Q2

Joint with InM

Q3

Joint with Structured Docs

Action item: Need to research ID/IDREF include Keith Boone in resulting discussion (PK will address)

Q4

No meeting

Wednesday, May 16

Q1

Chair: PK

Scribe: AS

Request to swap REST and XML quarters

GG background on REST

Discussion on the responsibility for the REST portions of the FHIR specification. SOA believes there is overlap between the FHIR specification and RLUS. GB suggested that with the REST portion going to OMG the REST portion could be normative by September. GG was reluctant that the spec should normative so quickly with to little actual implementation experience.

MT: what is the reason or issues that the FHIR REST should move to OMG. GB there needs to be effort to ensure that the specs are aligned at detailed levelled. Making sure that the profiles of both specifications agree.

There was a detailed discussion on the semantics of the REST Delete.

The decision was taken that GB will update the OMG RESTful API for hData and make it more generic such that FHIR can reference to ensure agreement on details.

It is our responsibility a general mechanism to support the dynamic behaviour required. PK believes that MnM will provide guidance with input from SOA and InM with respect to the operations and behaviour within the REST context (ie. how Delete for resource with status should work)

Would conformance statements better map to HTTP options? GB: yes.

The was an overview of the groups (which was as much an indication of the expertise more than governance) and the areas of concern within FHIR. The list is expected to change but the version supported by the group in the meeting was:

  • Base
    • Introduction - FHIR project team
    • Resource Format - MnM/ITS (+SD)
    • Data Types - MnM
    • Terminologies - MnM/Vocab
    • Extensibility - MnM / ITS (representation)
  • Constraint - MnM / templates
  • Exchange
    • Implementation - FHIR project team
    • Aggregations - ITS
    • REST (HTTP) - ITS/SOA
    • Messaging - INM
    • Documents - SD/MnM
    • hData Integration - SOA / MnM
    • Resource Profile - MnM/Templates

Q2

Chair: PK

Scribe: AS

Proposed topics:

  • Status of JSON
  • Extensions
  • Stitching
  • Documents
  • Atom feeds

Status of JSON

Primary representation would be XML. Allowed to use JSON but put XHTML into escaped strings.

The use case: do a search on store of resources, using XPath to limit based on the resource table discussion to ITS mailing

Extensions

For the closed community the extension mechanism is a 'tax', more difficulty. Experience is that even in a closed community, there is a need to eventually connect to the more open world at large.

Seeking to establish comfort with extensions (stress on plural, all extensions).

Balance between local and global requirements.

With Profiles one can also created Profiled Objects and the transform from local Profiled FHIR resources to pure FHIR resources. The question of whether to exchange local Profiled FHIR resources is a maturity question. It is anticipated that the FHIR tooling would produce that transform. DH raised the question of whether the transforms would be made public. GG said you could but by making the profile public, people could generate the transforms themselves.

Stitching, Documents, Atom Feeds

Resource contain resource references. Atom feed is used to bundle all (possibly) the resources that are related into a single package. The question was raised that by using references XML programmers will not be able to navigate in 'normal' ways. When viewed that there are circular relationships (which forces references at some point) and the need to handle references for the RESTful version. Atom feeds provided a web standard structure.

Q3

Attended Mobile Health

Q4

SAIF Joint session, did not meet

Thursday, May 15

Q1

Chair: PK

Scribe: PK

Topic: Web Services Release 2

Changes to Web Services Release 2 include, but are not limited to:

  • WS Basic Profile 2.0 (upgrade from 1.2)
  • Additional examples of exchange patterns for both WSDL and content

Discussion item:

A request has been made to have the transport also implement payload node encryption. Some members of the group expressed concern about this as a feature of the transport mechanism. This topic will be researched and brought back to the group for further discussion.

VP is expecting to have time in June and after to work on the document. The committee will review the materials as they arrive and once we have completed materials to move them to ballot. Estimated cycle Jan 2013 but unlikely to be Sept 2012.

Note: Andy Stechishin has been re-elected to co-chair.

Q2

Chair: PK

Scribe: PK

Next Meeting Planning

  • Monday
    • Q1 & Q2 Plenary
    • Q3 Agenda Review
    • Q4 Ballot Reconciliation: 1.1 Guide, Data types, RIM ITS
  • Tuesday
    • Q1 Mobile Health, other
    • Q2 Joint: INM – Abstract transport, (Web Service)
    • Q3 Joint: SD -
    • Q4 Joint: INM FHIR – Message Header, meta data, behaviours
  • Wednesday
    • Q1 FHIR – Overview/review
    • Q2 FHIR – examples/issues
    • Q3 FHIR – wire formats – resources, data types, meta data
    • Q4 FHIR – ballot review
  • Thursday
    • Q1 Hot Topics
    • Q2 Next Meeting Planning
    • Q3 Unplanned – for new items or moving Qs which collide with other committees
    • Q4 Unplanned

Q3

Did not meet

Q4

Did not meet

Attendance

Name Init. Affiliation Email Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Andy Stechishin AS CANA Software andy.stechishin@gmail.com × × × × ×
Dale Nelson DN Lantana dale.nelson@lantanaconsulting.com × × × × ×
Paul Knapp PK Knapp Consulting pknapp@pknapp.com × × × × × × ×
Gerald Beuchelt GB MITRE beuchelt@mitre.org × ×
Lloyd McKenzie LM LM Associates lloyd@lmckenzie.com ×
Sarah Gaunt SG Lantana sarah.gaunt@lantanagroup.com ×
Grahame Grieve GG Health Intersections grahame@healthintersections.com.au × ×
Brian Pech BP Kaiser-Permanente bpech1@gmail.com × × ×
Vassil Peytchev VP EPIC vassil@epic.com × × × ×
Ann Wrightson AW NHS Wales ann.wrightson@wales.nhs.uk × ×
Mark Tucker MT Regenstreif mtucker@regenstreif.org × × × ×
Ewout Kramer EK ×
Steve Fine SF Cerner sfine@cerner.com × × × ×
Justin Fyfe JF Mohawk College justin.fyfe1@mohawkcollege.ca ×
Dave Shaver DS CorePoint Health dave.shaver@corepointhealth.com × ×
Adri Burggraaff AdB HL7 Netherlands × ×
Mary Kay McDaniel MKD × ×
David Hay DH HL7 New Zealand × ×
Rik Smithies RS NProgram Ltd × ×
Lee Coller LC Oracle lee.coller@oracle.com ×
Lauren Wood LW Lantana lauren.wood@lantanagroup.com ×
Andy Bond AB NEHTA andy.bond@nehta.gov.au ×
Ken Rubin KR HP ken.rubin@hp.com ×