ITS SIG open action items
Review v2.xml schemas
Sun Microsystems have generously provided HL7 with some schemas for V2.x xml encoding. The schemas still need to be evaluated by the XML sig. They are available at: v2.xml schemas
W3C Semantic Web Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group
Do you know anything about W3C Semantic Web Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group? http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/hcls/ “The Semantic Web Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group is designed to improve collaboration, research and development, and innovation adoption in the health care and life science industries. Aiding decision-making in clinical research, Semantic Web technologies will bridge many forms of biological and medical information across institutions.”
They are using RDF. The functionality of RDF is useful, particularly for artificial intelligence applications. However, I believe that the incapacity of RDF to reuse standard XML schema complexTypes was a great mistake. In a short time, the W3C has built a tower of Babel. A medical informatics system requires that the parts work together.
reference to WS-Addressing in the profile needs to updated.
- 20060511: San Antonio WGM: From joint InM/XML minutes Thursday Q1.
- WS-Addressing is not [sic] a W3C specification (done). The Web services profile can now point to a full specification not a draft.
- The reference to WS-Addressing in the profile needs to updated. (Roberto, and to review that we are conformant with the final version).
- 20060911: Larson: This is not on the Wiki. Has this been done? Is it still active?
- 20060913: Larson: Late entry to Wiki based on InM minutes from San Antonio WGM; Roberto R; W3C
- 20060913: Charlie will speak to Roberto
- 20070326: Charlie sent email to Roberto
- 20070326: Charlie - moved to ITS SIG action items as ITS SIG responsible for specification
Clarify with MnM how you refer to model artifacts within the XML ITS, XML ITS
- Charlie McCay to clarify with MnM how you refer to model artifacts within the XML ITS. (Mark suggests to write a document and propose it to MnM.)
- 20060914: Opened
- 20061002: Telcon still open
- 2006-11-13 Open
- 20070110: Still a good idea. To be transferred to ITS Sig
- 20070326: Charlie created as an ITS SIG action -- suggest that it is closed here
Document gap between XML Schema and ITS Capabilities, XML
- 2006-11-13 - New. Grahame to detail those requirements of the XML and UML ITS' that cannot be represented by XML Schemas. Related to Normative XML ITS Schema INM Workitem.
- 20070110 - still undergoing further development. To be transferred to ITS Sig
- 20070326 - Charlie: added item to ITS SIG list -- suggest closed here
Propose an official status for XML schemas
- 2006-11-13 - New. Grahame to contact HQ and see if there is an ANSI-defined status that conveys a level of correctness and support to implementers, but that stops short of "normative" and all of the burden that comes with it. If none exist, will propose a new status (e.g., "HL7 Sanctioned"). Related to Normative XML ITS Schema INM Workitem.
- 20070110 - Still waiting for response - To chase up and transfer this item to ITS Sig
- 20070326 request sent to Mike Kingery by Charlie McCay
Please could the XML SIG be renamed the ITS SIG in the concalls application -- it may start to confuse folk that do not have long memories