ITS Concall Minutes 20100727
ITS Teleconference - July 27, 2010
Called to order at 4:10 Eastern
Present: Dale Nelson (DN), Brian Pech (BP), Andy Stechishin (AS), Gerry Beuchalts (GB), Gabby Jewel (GJ), Paul Knapp (PK)
- Role call and agenda
- Approve Minutes of previous meeting Jul 20, 2010
- Review hData API Spec
Approval of July 13 minutes
Not enough for quorum when agenda item addressed, will suspend to next week
hData API Specification
Additional people joined the call as the discussion on the document proceeded.
DN: overall question: does Atom 1.0 replace all of RSS? Will the question be raised?
- GB:Decide to choose one standard and stick with it, there is a lot of overlap but some differences.
- Standardized, most comfortable IPR regime
- Atom publishing protocols, more options. RSS is just feed format atom describes PubSub protocol.
- Also parsing/creation libraries support both RSS and ATOM
DN: follow on question, do all browsers support Atom? GB: Most support all concurrently.
Discussion on on the REST practise of not disallowing undefined. What happens when you create something for the undefined.
PK: why MUST not on 2.3.2 but undefined on 2.2.3. GB change to root.xml is not allowed, logically impossible
General discussion on the atomicity (not ATOM) of transactions.
- GB: loosely coupled, does not support Use Case with synchronous record update
committees: EHR, INM, MnM, Arb, SD, RIMBAA, P&S, Commun Collab Care
- Schedule for Cambridge WGM
- Further discussion on Neutral Mapping Language
5:17 pm Eastern