IIWG TCON 2017-04-12
- Call to order, introductions, welcome
- Review & approval of the Agenda
- Minutes of the previous meeting.
- Antitrust rules.
- Topics to be discussed
- Tracker item review
- Project submission planning
- Discuss feedback from e-vote
- Plan t-cons for summer period
- Next meetings
- May 17, 2017 at 2:00pm
- In Person
- Imaging Integration is NOT formally meeting in Madrid at May WGM
- September 9, 2017 to Sep 15, 2017: HL7 WGM, San Diego
WG-20 Voting Members Present, Represented by
- Agfa HealthCare - Brad Genereaux
- Change Healthcare - Elliot Silver
- Laitek - Doug Sluis
- Siemens Healthineers - Eric Martin for George Fuller
WG-20 Voting Members Absent, Represented by
- ACR - Jim Philbin
- Corista - David Allen
- Merge/IBM - Ken Meyer
- PixelMed - David Clunie
- QualiTest Group - Winn Swarr
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH - George Fuller
- Toshiba - Kevin O’Donnell
WG-20 Alternate Voting Representatives, Observers, Guests Present
- DICOM Secretariat/MITA - Luiza Kowalczyk
- N/A - John Moehrke
- N/A - David Alle
- Brad Genereaux, Agfa Healthcare, Co-Chair
- Elliot Silver, Change Healthcare, Co-Chair
- Luiza Kowalczyk, MITA
The conference was called to order at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The antitrust rules were reviewed. The Agenda was approved. The minutes from the previous meeting were approved. We have added 2 new items to the Agenda:
- Update on FHIR Value Set – Elliot Silver
- MHDI – Brad Genereaux
- 3753 – Status-Moved
- 9253 – Status-Waiting for an input from WG-06
- 10350 – Status-Elliot is supposed to do a follow up on use cases, waiting for input .
- 10351—Status-Elliot needs to review it.
- 13145-Status-Add “frameNumbers at the instance level, as un unsigned int, with cardinality 0… n to ImagingManifest (5-0-0) – Resolved change required.
- 12477- Status -Marked as low priority as of today , wait for further discussion with IHE-Radiology.
- 12478- Status-Resolved no change required , no action required.
- 12643- Status-Resolved during STU3 QA, resolved no change , no action required
- 12771- Status-DICOM code system needs to be fixed , it has been assigned to Grahame Grieve
- NOTE: (http://build.fhir.org/terminologies-systems.html) – something is wrong with this page. The chapter number contains “null” (4.2.12.null); the URL still contains “dcim” (it should just be “dcm” no i)
Value Set in FHIR – Update
DICOM would take a full ownership and make it available in a friendly way for FHIR. It was said that it should be DICOM Working Item to expose the value set in various ways, not only for FHIR, different formats.
Kevin O’Donnell (WG-06) and Elliot Silver (WG-20) prepared the New Work Item Proposal, submitted to DICOM Standard Committee. It was approved on April 12, 2017. This work item proposes to do the work to establish electronic access for the public to DICOM coded terminology, context groups, value sets, and related material. It will not modify the standard nor result in a supplement. It will make portions of the standard more accessible and develop a system so that as new editions of the standard are published, this information is also available electronically. WG-06 will review the options for setting up web servers and establish a process to integrate the server updates with the regular DICOM edition publication. Basically, rather to refer to FHIR value, it will point to DICOM, and then WG-20 needs a track item to update it. This work will be done by WG-06 with particular assistance from David Clunie, NEMA IT staff, and Graham Grieve.
Topics to be discussed at the next call
- Plan t-cons for summer period
- Tracker item review (Brad Genereaux)
- Discuss lifecycle's role in ImagingStudy (Doug Sluis)
- Project FHIR Release 4 items (Elliot Silver)
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 2:00- 3:30 USA ET
- ACTION ITEM
- Luiza will send out a doodle poll to schedule more t-cons.
- May 7-12, 2017, Madrid, Spain - IIWG-20 is NOT formally meeting in Madrid at May WGM
- September 10-15, 2017 – San Diego, CA
- January 27-February 2, 2018, New Orleans, LA
- May 12-18, 2018, Cologne, Germany
- September 29-October 5, 2018, Baltimore, MD
- January 12-18, 2019, San Antonio, TX
The meeting was adjourned at 3:30 pm USA ET Submitted by Luiza Kowalczyk, Secretary Reviewed by Legal Counsel, Clark Silcox