The IHIC 2006 (7th International HL7 Interoperability Conference) took place in Cologne. The meeting was hosted by HL7 Germany.
In contrast to regular Working Group Meetings, this kind of conference focuses on the exchange of international experiences with HL7 Version 3:
- Projects, small ones or large scale, implementing HL7 Version 3 messages or documents - what lessons have been learned?
- Strategies, local or national - why plans and policies are important?
- Dealing with implementation guidelines, test tools, contraints and profiles - what are the pitfalls and the benefits?
- Beyond messages and documents - what else needs to be addressed?
- Future - what will happen, what should happen and what if?
- Education - tutorials at IHIC...
The conference informed about HL7 implementations around the world. Experiences from Germany, Great Britain, Canada and the US als well as from the the Netherlands, Turkey, Croatia, Greece, Israel, Korea, Taiwan, Japan and Finland were part of the program.