HL7 proposed content change requests for SNOMED-CT to IHTSDO
HL7 Proposed Content Change Requests for SNOMED-CT to IHTSDO
- IHTSDO will only accept content to the core from a single entity w/in HL7.
- Anything realm specific goes through an IHTSDO member country. If the realm specific content comes from a non-member country then HL7 needs to asses whether that content will be supported as an international specific, or sent back to the non-member country for inclusion in their own local content (HL7 needs a triage process).
- How to get content into a format that can be sent to either IHTSDO (assuming HL7 is an affiliate) otherwise through the NLM
- Content submission schedules (sufficiently ahead of schedules for current release schedule)
- Content review/vetting
- Content approval (who/how approves that the change can be submitted to IHTSDO)
- Submission format
To draft a policy statement for endorsement by the HL7 Technical Steering Committee on submitting HL7 proposed content change requests for SNOMED-CT to IHTSDO
Sponsored by the Vocabulary WG of the Foundation and Technology Steering Division [FTSD], at TSC Tracker # 1532, Project Insight ID #634.
This project will be a jointly developed policy between HL7 and the IHTSDO to develop a policy and process whereby HL7 members can develop, vet, package and submit internationally scoped SNOMED-CT content change requests to IHTSDO. This policy will address:
- How change request are to be sponsored
- How change requests can be prioritized
- How change requests will be crafted (format)
- How change requests will be reviewed by HL7 internally
- How multiple requests will be packaged for submission
- How and at what frequency change requests will be sent to IHTSDO