HL7 Stability Standard Implementation Guide Teleconference Minutes 2019-02-04
HL7 Stability Standard Teleconference Minutes
February 4 2019
Attendees: Norman Gregory (CVM), Tim Lee (CBER), Catherine Hosage-Norman (Module 3 Solutions, LLC), Art Griesser (Promethues), and Tammy Wright (Dechra)
- Homework: Go to https://www.hl7.org/fhir/index.html, on the right under “Exchange” click “Documents” and “Messaging” and read the difference between the two.
- FHIR Goal – Replace V2 (clinical care).
- eStability was a message type because that is all that was available. SPL introduced document type.
- Exchange Paradigms.
- RESTful API - small weight and loosely coupled. Not exclusive to FHIR. Use to use SOAP. Retrieve data held in a remote system while avoiding direct coupling to remote procedures. Not suited for submission. Not a shared repository.
- Messages – Multiple resources in single exchange. Send notifications and other information to remote systems while avoiding direct coupling to remote procedures. Intended for large organization with a need to exchange data.
Pros – Established and mature pattern in Health Care domain. Process isolation, useful for communication between organizations and large systems. Cons – Nor suitable mobile or browser use. Information governance concerns especially when used with broadcast pattern. Messages need handling, this may be unnecessary for small transactions.
- Documents - Multiple resources bundled to support data persistence and maximum compatibility. Send documents to remote systems while avoiding direct coupling to remote procedures. It provides a set of coherent information that is a statement of information. A document is an immutable set of resources with a fixed presentation that can be authored and/or attested by humans, organizations and devices.
Pros – Formatted for human readability using structured heading. Static coherent statement at fixed point in time. Can be generated on demand to provide a current statement about a subject. Cons – More complex to develop.
- Services – Custom support to address specific requirements that aren’t fully supported by other paradigms.
Agenda for February 11, 2019 Teleconference at 3:05 pm, new WebEx link:
- Pros and cons between Messages and Documents.
- We will be using WebEx for sharing documents and for audio. When the WebEx starts click the Audio and have it call you or it will give you a number to call 1-210-795-0506.
Topic: HL7 eStability Date: Every Monday, from Monday, January 28, 2019, to Monday, May 6, 2019 Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
JOIN WEBEX MEETING When it's time, join the meeting.
Meeting number: 902 015 919 Meeting password: bSgH3hzS
Join by phone +1-210-795-0506 US Toll +1-877-465-7975 US Toll Free Global call-in numbers | Toll-free calling restrictions
Can't join the meeting?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.