HL7 Stability Standard Implementation Guide Teleconference Minutes 2018-12-03
HL7 Stability Standard Teleconference Minutes
December 3, 2018
Attendees: Norman Gregory (CVM), Tim Lee (CBER), Catherine Hosage-Norman (Module 3 Solutions, LLC), Art Griesser (Promethues), Tammy Wright (Dechra), Bill Friggle (Sanofi), and Michael Faughn (Promethues)
- HOMEWORK: Identify a resource we could use for eStability and where we would use it. These two sites have the same structure. It is important to be aware of both, especially if the resource you are interested in is at a lower maturity level as features can be changing. The current officially released version of FHIR site is https://www.hl7.org/fhir/index.html. The continuous Integration Build of FHIR site is https://build.fhir.org/index.html. For this exercise focus on the resources tab. The structure of both sites is the same. In the red banner "click" the "Resources" button.
Extra exercise. Compare the “observation” resource between the two sites. The resources are grouped: Foundation, Base, Clinical, Financial and Specialized. eStability does not have a financial component to it, so skip that section.
- QUESTIONS: Does a profile have to have to be in more than one country? Can we ask FHIR developers to include style sheets? Do we need to participate in connectathons to get a profile accepted?
- There is mapping from V3 RIM to FHIR resources, but it is not very helpful.
- A lot of effort to go from V3 to FHIR.
- Maturity Model: FMM0 and FMM1 artifacts are with WG.
- Find resources you can use.
- Can’t have a resource that is too similar (use what is available).
- Should be plenty of resources for eStability to use. Will be a few extensions to create.
- If the profile is public it needs to be balloted in HL7 with an IG, private profiles do no. Ig for V3 you write it to be nice, FHIR required to have IG with definitions and links.
- All the resources you use have to be at FMM5.
- PARADIGMES: FHIR supports 4 interoperability paradigms; REST, Message, Document and Services.
- REST – architecture for how to connect systems.
- CRUD – Create, Read, Update, Delete. Outcomes; Simple state interactions, high performance/scalability, visible process (e.g., can debug), portability, and reliability.
- Document – Similar to CDA.
- Composition – Combine multiple resources.
- Message – Similar to V2 and V3
- eStability does not need REST, will need Document and Message.
- Human readable not a firm requirement if not using REST.
- FHIR – Can’t reference a style sheet (security risk). Must create a standalone viewer.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Architecture: Do whatever you like. FHIR makes no assumptions about the architectural design of system.
- We will continue to use the audio on the WebEx*
Agenda for December 10, 2018 Teleconference at 3:05 pm, new WebEx link:
- Resources we can use and where we would use it.
- We will be using WebEx for sharing documents and for audio. When the WebEx starts click the Audio and have it call you or it will give you a number to call 1-210-795-0506.
Topic: HL7 eStability Date: Every Monday, from Monday, October 8, 2018, to Monday, January 7, 2019 Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
JOIN WEBEX MEETING When it's time, join the meeting. Meeting number: 908 108 252 Meeting password: iJDkCgK4
Join by phone +1-210-795-0506 US Toll +1-877-465-7975 US Toll Free Global call-in numbers | Toll-free calling restrictions
Can't join the meeting?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.