HL7 FHIR Provenance Resource
- Address outstanding Provenance CPs from January 2015 FHIR Ballot mistakenly assigned to FHIR Infrastructure
- Including signature use within Provenance
- Provenance.activity value-set needs to be enlarged with existing vocabulary, and discussion around if it should be marked as Extensible.
- Provenance.entity.role unclear how each vocabulary item should be used.
- how is derivation to be used?
- how is revision to be used, other than the duplicate indication that would be in Provenance.activity.
- Provenance.reason binding only to the PurposeOfUse is not granular. Seems there should be a more clear distinction between reason and activity. question on why this is Extensible
- show how a resource and provenance would look as that resource transitions through lifecycle. In this way one would be able to find each step of the lifecycle, by way of version; and the provenance statement by way of the pointer to that version specific.
FHIR Provenance Resource Vocabulary
At this juncture, Provenance has several areas of concern for the Security WG. The first concern is whether the current HL7 ProvenanceEvent value set is sufficient for conveying the states to which a trigger event can cause an activity to transition the FHIR Resource target of the Provenance Resource from a previous state. The current value set was will be updated post DSTU2.
While the intended FHIR ProvenanceEvent value set has sub-value sets from multiple sources such as W3C and HL7, there are some duplicate and colliding definitions, the upside is that there are more provenance event related actions than in the HL7 ProvenanceEvent value set."
- ProvenanceEvent value set- Adds children value sets for: *DocumentCompletion [valueset OID 2.16.840.1.1138220.127.116.111]
- ActStatus [valueset OID 2.16.840.1.113818.104.22.16833]
- DataOperation [code system OID OID: 2.16.840.1.113883.5.1123], ProvenanceEventCurrentState [valueset OID 2.16.840.1.113822.214.171.12447]
- W3C PROV-DM concepts and PROV-N display names
- EHR LifecycleEvent codes
- Codes from HL7 Security and Privacy Ontology Operations codes that are not duplicated by valuesets already included.