HL7 CDA Implementation Guide for National Health Care Surveys R1.2
This wiki page will support review and feedback for proposed updates to the HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: National Health Care Surveys Release 1, DSTU Release 1.2 - US Realm. This IG consist of two volumes: Volume 1 provides narrative introductory and background material pertinent to this implementation guide, including information on how to understand and use the templates in Volume 2. Volume 2 contains the Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) templates for this guide along with lists of templates, code systems, and value sets used.
July 14 - 28, 2016 at Noon US Eastern Time - HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: National Health Care Surveys Release 1, DSTU Release 1.2 - US Realm - Available for Comments
An update has been made to the HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: National Health Care Surveys Release 1, DSTU Release 1.2 - US Realm. The majority of the changes were made in response to approved DSTU comments located here: http://www.hl7.org/dstucomments/showdetail.cfm?dstuid=179. For commenting prior to reconciliation and publication, the updated DOT DSTU update release Implementation Guide and its related files are available to HL7 members here: File:20160714 DRAFT FOR COMMENT CDAR2 IG NHCS R1 DSTU1.2 2016JUL.zip As a DSTU update, this new version will not go through the usual HL7 balloting process but will use the DSTU Update process with industry review on the HL7 wiki. The full list of changes in this release are documented in the update and can be summarized as follows:
- Volume 1
- One new section was added: “Use of Qualifiers”.
- Volume 2
- Many templates were versioned due to the versioning of contained templates (see the section “Changes from Previous Version” in Volume 2 of the guide for a detailed view of these changes).
- Document-Level Templates.
- No new document-level templates were added.
- Several document-level templates were updated due to the versioning of contained template.
- Section-Level Templates.
- No new section-level templates were added.
- Several section-level templates were updated due to the versioning of contained templates.
- The following section-level templates were updated with changes:
- Inpatient Encounters Section (V2)
- Patient Information Section (V2)
- Problems Section (V3)
- Reasons for Visit Section (V2) (was Patient’s Reason for Visit Section)
- Entry-Level Templates
- One new entry-level template was added:
- Clinical Note and External Document Reference
- The following entry-level templates were retired:
- Asthma Diagnosis Observation
- Co-Morbid Condition Observation
- Value Sets
- Many of the value sets were updated with current URLs.
During the two weeks for the comment period running from July 14 - 28, 2016, please submit your comments here: NHCS R1.2 Comments including at least your name, item, existing wording, proposed wording, and comment. Thank you.