Guidance Request FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 GuidanceRequest
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
NOTE: This resource was originally proposed to support the _evaluate_ operation of the DecisionSupportRule and DecisionSupportServiceModule resources, but has been withdrawn in favor of using the parameters of the _evaluate_ operation directly.
The GuidanceRequest resource provides a container to describe a request to evaluate a single decision support artifact.
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- Clinical Quality Information Work Group
- FHIR Management Group
- Service Oriented Architecture Work Group
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
Decision Support Services are a critical aspect of healthcare delivery with numerous products in the space, both as stand-alone quality improvement services, as well as built-in rule-engine type deployments within EHRs. The focus of the GuidanceRequest resource is to provide a standardized mechanism for describing a request for decision support guidance. This functionality is described as Use Case 2" of the Clinical Quality Framework Initiative. A more in-depth discussion of this use case can be found here: Clinical Quality Framework Use Cases.
In addition to general interest from the Clinical Quality and Decision Support communities, the CQF initiative has several pilot projects in various phases of completion:
- Clinical Quality Common Metadata Conceptual Model
- Clinical Decision Support Knowledge Artifact Specification
- Decision Support Service
- Decision Support Service Implementation Guide
- Infobutton Specification
- Infobutton Implementation Guide
- SOA Infobutton Implementation Guide
The ability to programmatically request and process decision support guidance as described in the Decision Support Service specification.
The GuidanceRequest will reference a specific KnowledgeModule describing the guidance being requested.
This work is being performed as part of the reconciliation of ballot comments received against the Clinical Quality Improvement Framework FHIR Implementation Guide. We hope to have the content ready in time to support the Jan 2016 FHIR Connectathon.