February 26, 2013 Security Working Group Conference Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Security Working Group Meeting
- Bill Braithwaite
- Kathleen Connor
- Mike Davis Security Co-chair
- Suzanne Gonzales-Webb CBCC Co-chair
- Jim Kretz
- John Moehrke Security Co-chair
- Milan Petkovic
- Arnie Rosenthal
- Ken Salyards
- Richard Thoreson CBCC Co-chair
- Tony Weida
- Trish Williams
- (05 min) Roll Call, Approve Minutes & Accept Agenda
- (25 min) Approval of Security and Privacy Ontology (SPO) NIB as Normative in May 2013 Ballot Cycle
- Review Security and Privacy Ontology Ballot History:
- May 2011 Ballot Cycle as DSTU. May 2011 Reconciliation completed and posted. Negative voters: 7 from HL7 Germany with comments from Bernd Blobel, and 1 from John Moehrke with comments.
- May 2012 Ballot Cycle as Comment Only. May 2012 Reconciliation completed and posted. Negative voters: 5 from GE with comments from John Moehrke.
- Discuss alternative ballot paths pros/cons - Normative, DSTU 2, Informative, Comment Only, HL7 Vocabulary
- Which path will more likely elicit review and comment from a broader community?
- Does it make sense to ballot the SPO as DSTU when implementation would be in the context of supporting something else, e.g., as a Terminology Service for an Access Control System?
- Would HL7 Vocabulary support a formal domain/reference ontology when HL7 vocabulary is a taxonomy and far less complex type of ontology? See Medical Ontology Classification
3.(25 min) Updated SPO Project Scope Statement
- WGs are updating their PSS to the new HL7 2013 PSS template when the deliverables change or move to normative ballot track. The updated PSS needs to be reviewed and approved.
4.(05 min) Other Business
Roll Call, Approve Minutes & Accept Agenda
SPO NIB as Normative in May 2013 Ballot Cycle
Updated SPO Project Scope Statement