This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

February 11, 2014 Security WG Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Security Main Page


Member Name Present Member Name Present Member Name Present
Mike Davis Security Co-chair x John Moehrke Security Co-chair x Trish Williams Security Co-chair
Bernd Blobel, Security Co-chair . Johnathan Coleman x .
Kathleen Connor x Duane DeCouteau . Reed Gelzer .
Suzanne Gonzales-Webb CBCC Co-chair x Rick Grow x David Henkel x
Muhammed Jafari x Don Jorgenson . Diana Proud-Madruga x
Harry Rhodes . Ioana Singureanu . Richard Thoreson CBCC Co-chair .
Tony Weida . Rick Grow x .
Walter Suarez x Amanda Nash x
. . .

Back to Security Main Page


  1. (05 min) Roll Call, Approve Minutes & Accept Agenda
  2. (5 min) Ballot Consent Directive as Normative - update
  3. (15 min) Ballot DAM R1 as Informative
  4. (15 min) PSS necessary for “Way with Verbs” project....
  5. (15 min) Must approve March Harmonization Proposals

Action Items: NIBS by Feb 16th

Meeting Minutes DRAFT

The current DAM has been provided to the Federal Health Information Modeling and Standards (FHIMS) group and it’s incorporated there—but because it’s informative, with respective to DAMs, we have no way through the DAM itself except ballot it as information. The strategy is to become activity involved in a PASS-Security project that is already active project-but was inactive because of resources. Include in this a policy model that is reflective of the DAM but will added updates—but will ballot the architecture as Normative. This way the DAM model is moved into a standards path. ‘’that’s the plan’’

We need concurrence from the WG to approve submitted a NIB for the security DAM as informative (Kathleen / Diana); no objections; no abstentions, MOTION APPROVED:

Way with Words project Is a PSS necessary?

EHR already has a project going. Security suggested that they accept an ontology approach. they concurred. SOA action was to use one of their meeting times to further discuss this activity. Steve Hufnagel was on the hook to prove plan forward.

  • This is a way to integrate our ontology (which is normative) with the EHR vocabulary project
  • Security will collaborate with EHR on this but not create the ontology for them
  • At this time, we have not heard anything from EHR for an initial meeting on this. (Tony Weida can take an ACTION to contact and speak to Don Mon (Pat Vandyke?) about this. Tony Weida will take the action to contact Pat regarding setting up a meeting
  • This way security is out of the vocabulary business—since the vocabulary deals with items taken from the EHR.

MOTION: (Kathleen) approval to take to harmonization, (see list...) to bring this forward as trust policy vocabulary as a starter set. <<MOTION Withdrawn>>

With the withdrawal of the current proposal, Kathleen will continue to update document Decision: We will give the Security WG a week to review and will provide comment/make decision on whether to move forward at next meeting on 2/18. This allows people to get familiar with the information. ACTION: Kathleen to send proposed material to the Security WG.

VOCABULARY OBJECTS CHANGE SUMMARY Adding two ACT codes to the refrain policy. This stems from the HIM communities--they have made Ioana aware that

  1. Title 38 42CFR - clarifying that there are two codes instead of one to resolve (hopefullu) the use case presented.
  • NODSCLCDD - Definition:
  • NORDSCLCDS - Definition: prohibit redisclosure without consent directive of the subject of the disclosed information

Issue: in situation where the patient has a personal representative. i.e. a minor who doesn't have full control of the health records. a minor patient does have a right (in certain conditions)

MOTION: (Diana/Kathleen) Proposed that the two codes be brought forth for harmonization to the HL7 RIM. Objections: none, Abstentions: none, MOTION PASSES

Meeting Adjourned at 2:55 PM PST

--Suzannegw 23:20, 11 February 2014 (UTC)