FHIR Workflow Minutes CC 20160404
Jump to navigation Jump to search
FHIR Workflow Conference Call 3:00PM Eastern Time (Date above)
- Approve Minutes Prior Meeting on 03/21
- Lloyd McKenzie (chair/scribe)
- Jose Costa Teixeira
- Oliver Krauss
- Reinhardt Egelkraut
- Scott Robertson
- Thomas Lukasik
- John Hatem
- Chris Grenz
- Eric Haas
Motion to approve minutes of March 21: Scott/John: unanimous
- Talked through several composite order scenarios.
- No-one could come up with a use-case where an explicit electronic record of the 'parent' order was necessary.
- Existing approach of being able to link leaf-level orders to a protocol/order set and to a parent/requisition identifier seems sufficient
- Will wait to confirm the existing approach of treating parents as 'virtual' until Bob Dieterle is able to join the call.
- Looked at the OrderSet and Protocol resources.
- Will try to have Bryn join a future call to work through the order set resources.
- Some confusion about the name "OrderSet" - common usage is to use that term to refer to a collection of patient-specific orders (what we're currently calling a 'composite' order). The resource is only for definitions
- Discussion about whether we should expand the scope of the various 'request' resources to also support use within OrderSet/Protocol
- General feeling was "no" - needed data elements are different, permissions are different, etc.
- Alternatives are:
- Create parallel resources, one for each "request" resource
- Create a "smaller" number of protocol resources
- Merge the domain-specific activity attributes into the generic OrderSet/Protocol resource
- Discussion about scope - can we cover non-clinical protocols?
- Will continue discussion when