This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Education Action Items

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Education Action Items and Status

OPEN

No Action Item Assigned to Target Date Status Progress Notes
4 Certification Enhancement Project - Australia may be interested in starting up again Heather/Sharon In progress June 5 - Melva to followup with Amy
July 31 - no action
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - Melva to follow up with Heather and Amy
September 26 - No action
January 4, 2014 - No Action
Ken to pull out this project and again as we may consider starting it again or creating a new PSS that is similar. Include as agenda item for upcoming Teleconference.
January 22, 2015 - Australia is interested and could trial some of the elements of this and Heather can report back in January 2016 - she will document and provide templates. There may also be some changes to the certification exams and how we certify coming out of the Implementers Project of the Board. Education WG will continue to follow.
5 Create a dashboard of tutorials planned/held including numbers of attendees and numbers cancelled Melva/Mary Ann In progress June 5 - Mary Ann will start on this once she has updated her spreadsheet with Jan and May 2013 data
July 31 - Mary Ann to send to Melva and Melva will post
August 14 - Melva and Mary Ann to discuss further
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - No action
January 4, 2014 - No Action
February 5, 2014 - No Action
January 22, 2015 - Ideas for stats have been posted on the wiki. Melva to continue to work on the dashboard as time permits.
11 Work on Policy and Procedures Melva On Hold July 31 - include as agenda time on each teleconference and during WGM in Cambridge to work through roles and framework
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - continue working on this during each teleconference. Patrick will update Wiki with material from discussion during WGM. Schedule for discussion November Teleconference.
January 4, 2014 - for discussion on January 8, 2014 teleconference and at WGM in San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - No Action
Reviewed and discussed in Phoenix. Melva to update wiki page
15 SAIF Webinar Patrick and Sharon In progress July 31 - Patrick to work with Ron and Lorraine (ARB Co-Chairs). Sharon to forward information to Patrick and Ron - webinar planning template. Melva and Diego volunteered to review material prior to releasing
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - Working on tutorial specification and slide deck. Expect them to be ready for Cambridge.
January 4, 2014 - Need to followup with ARB
January 8, 2014 - Webinars will be recorded in San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - Patrick to follow up with Ron, Recordings did not happen at WGM
Ron has run into issues with time to record. Lorraine Constable is following up as a regular item as part of ARB Transition
July 2, 2014 - no further updates. ARB is discussing further how to proceed with this.
still need a something to document the knowledge. Ongoing discussions in the ArB
22 Facilitator Training Co-Chairs In Progress September 23 - Vocab has worked on some material for Vocab Facilitator that may be useful for other WG. Heather will forward when complete
January 8, 2014 - no action. Melva to followup with Heather
February 5, 2014 - No Action
Melva to report back to the TSC on this task and see if they want to take this any further.
23 Strategic Plan Melva/Sharon In Progress September 26 - Melva to publish updated version on Wiki. Schedule review for September 2014 WGM
February 5, 2014 - No Action
Update every September WGM
25 V2.x Workshop Co-Chairs In Progress July 2, 2014 - Melva following up with Patrick to determine status. Include as regular agenda item to determine how to proceed with this PSS.
January 22, 2015 -
26 Webinar Planning Co-Chairs In Progress July 2, 2014 - Post notice to List Serve to seek suggestions for 2015. Continue to discuss on teleconferences with plan to have draft for September WGM
January 22, 2015 - planning is underway. There are lots of topics that have been provided. No further action needed for 2015. Sharon will provide update list of Webinar for 2015. Vocally to provide a list of Vocab webinars that are needed. Will reopen this topic for 2016 planning
28 Certification Exam Time and Translation Sharon In Progress July 2, 2014 - Request has come to increase time to write exam due to non-English speakers. Also consideration to translate. Further discussion at September WGM.
January 22, 2015 - ongoing discussion at HQ. Will be putting out an RFP. Should consider a policy. Sharon to draft the wording for a policy that will be reviewed by the Education WG and referred to the EC.

Closed or Complete

No Action Item Assigned to Target Date Status Progress Notes
2 Create a wishlist for webinars Melva/Sharon Complete June 5 - Melva to create wiki page and send to the list

July 31 - Sharon to send list of webinar requests from Survey - complete
August 14 - Melva to post to Wiki
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - discussed further at Education Facilitators Lunch - some additions provided by Keith Boone and others. Melva will update Wiki
January 8, 2014 - complete

3 Talk to International Council - Webinar for HL7 Around the World Melva Closed June 5- Melva will contact IC co-chairs to discuss options or interest
July 31 - No action
August 14 - no action
August 15 - sent email to IC co-chairs. This will be discussed at IC meeting in Cambridge.
Sept 11 - Pending discussion in Cambridge
September 26 - International Council interested in looking at this. Melva to discuss further with Sharon about next steps.
January 4, 2014 - transferred to Sharon and HQ for any further action
January 8, 2014 - Melva to forward email from Sharon to IC co-chairs
6 Membership Committee - raise Education Portal for Universities as a membership benefit Diego Closed June 5 - Diego will followup with Membership Committee during next meeting
July 31 - no action
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - No action
January 4, 2014 - No Action
January 8, 2014 - Discussed with Grant Wood on Education call - he will add to agenda for Membership Committee on upcoming call
February 5, 2014 - No Action
further discussion in Phoenix WGM - we need to create a group to determine what is needed and then action the work to create the material. Melva to report to Membership Committee that it isn't recommended at this time as there is not sufficient content.
7 Forward approval of Tooling Project to Tooling WG Melva Complete -
8 UML Tutorial - work with JD Baker Patrick Complete June 5 - Patrick has reviewed and provided comments to JD. JD will make updates to tutorial specification and start putting slide deck together
July 31 - Patrick will followup with JD
August 14 - Patrick talked to JD - he is working on the slide deck. We will add the UML tutorial to the January 2014 Tutorial Grid
Sept 11 - Patrick to follow up with JD. Need slide deck by Cambridge WGM
September 26 - waiting for material from JD. UML Tutorial scheduled for January 2014
January 4, 2014 - Discuss on teleconference after January 2014 WGM
February 5, 2014 - Tutorial Given. No additional follow up needed.
9 Create PSS for updates to sample and certification exam Patrick Closed June 5 - Patrick to send out PSS to list and ask for comments. It will be added to agenda for July 3 teleconference
July 31 - Patrick will forward to the Education List (complete). Include on agenda for August 14 teleconference
August 14 - We will need to discuss priority and resourcing before we can approve PSS; Schedule time on the agenda for Cambridge
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - discussed during WG Meeting - Melva Will create a 3 year plan item for this work with a start date for September 2014. We will evaluate further in May 2014. Sharon will start to work on steps to operationalize this project
January 4, 2014 - PSS will be reviewed and voted on during January 8, 2014 teleconference
January 8, 2014 - will discuss in San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - No Action
no action.
10 Submit vote for T3SD Co-Chair Melva Complete July 31 - vote taken in meeting and vote submitted.
12 Discuss Online Certification impact with HQ and Affiliates Diego Complete July 31 - Diego will discuss with HQ and International Council co-chairs
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - under discussion as part of Affiliate Agreement discussion. No further action needed by Education WG.
January 8, 2014 - Diego noted that time scheduled to discuss with Affiliate Chairs conflicts with IC meeting. Has been re-schedule to Thursday from 7-8am. There will be a webinar created for those Affiliates or approriate resources not able to attend.
14 Outreach to Kenya Diego Closed July 31 - Diego to reach out to Kenyans regarding eLearning Course site
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - Diego has reached out, but no response from Kenyans
January 4, 2014 - No Action.
January 8, 2014 - Diego confirmed that this item can be closed.
16 Cambridge Agenda Melva Complete July 31 - Agenda items to be added - Webinar Planning; Tutorial Grid for January 2014; Policy and Procedure Discussion; 3 year plan items
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - Draft published on Wiki. Members asked to review and provide additional agenda items.
17 Tutorial Grid - January 2014 Mary Ann Complete July 31 - Mary to start drafting.
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - Review done. Mary Ann will send out to Education List and seek input
20 Add link to Tutorial Specification to Education Portal Sharon Complete Sept 26 - asked Sharon to add link
January 8, 2014 - added
21 Update FHIR module for HL7 Fundamentals David Hay/Melva Complete September 23 - David will work on updates in the next 2
24 HL7 Education Curriculum Sharon Closed September 26, 2013 - schedule discussion for October teleconference
January 4, 2014 - Will discuss further in San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - No Action
January 2014 - discussed in Phoenix. Need to continue discussion
January 22, 2015 - there is a path to certification posted on the Website.
25 Tutorial Grid - May 2014 Mary Ann Complete January 8, 2014 - Mary Ann working on and will send to Education List before San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - No Action Needed
1 Provide a list of types of educational delivery methods that we are able to offer - Melva/Sharon July 31, 2013 Complete June 5 - Sharon to forward list to Melva (done) and Melva to create a wiki page or 1 pager
July 31 - Melva to post information from Sharon
August 14 - Sharon to develop more general information on the webinars and other resources
Sept 11 - Melva to update Wiki with content received from Sharon - Complete. Needs further information about processes for requesting/setting up different technologies.
September 26 - Sharon will provide some additional information about processes
January 8, 2014 - Sharon will provide some additional information about processes
February 5, 2014 - No Action
Complete
13 Adding Other SDO Content to Tutorials Melva Closed July 31 - Add as an agenda item for Cambridge. Melva to followup with Mark McD to discuss IP concerns and MOU with other SDOs
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - Melva had further discussion with Mark via email. No update is available at this time. Melva will add update to Education Facilitators Lunch for Cambridge
September 26 - discussed at Monday Lunch.
January 4, 2014 - No Action
February 5, 2014 - No Action
April 2, 2014 - Melva sent Keith Boone an email to see if there is still interest and asked him to consider drafting the PSS
response from Keith. It is unknown who raised this issue with Keith. There isn't enough interest at this time to pursue.
18 Webinar Planning for 2014 Melva and Sharon Complete August 14 - Include time on agenda to discuss in Cambridge; asked participants to send ideas and suggestions to Sharon and Melva; Melva will post on the wiki
Sept 11 - will add discussion item to Education Facilitators Lunch agenda
September 26 - discussed further during WGM - updates will be made to Wiki
January 4, 2014 - Will be discussed further in San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - No Action
complete
19 V3 for Implementers Tutorial Mary Ann Complete September 26 - will be added if rooms become available.
January 8, 2014 - could not be added for San Antonio. Will add in for May 2014
February 5, 2014 - No Action
was scheduled for Phoenix, but cancelled due to lack of registration
27 Reading List and HL7 Resources Ken Chen Closed Ken is working on an HL7 reading list and resource list as well as a tool to consolidate. Will bring forward on teleconference or at September WGM.
January 22, 2015 - new proposal will come forward. There are enough resources available.