EST Tool Inventory
HL7 Tooling Catalogue
The standards development work of HL7 International is increasingly dependent on tools and resources that help create, publish, maintain and distribute standards. Given new versions and new types of standards that evolve, the number of tools increases and need proper governance, maintenance and management. HL7 International also uses tools and resources for balloting, education, project management and administration for memberships which need to be accessible by the workgroups. Hence, the need for a tool and resource inventory emerged and was created in the summer of 2016. The focus of this inventory is to facilitate search for available tools and the long term governance of the tooling, resources and services assets of the HL7 organization.
All the HL7 tools and resources, both internal and external developed and managed, are included in the HL7 Tooling Catalogue. The catalogue is found here
A manual for guidance in how to use the HL7 Tool Catalogue can be downloaded here <need to include the link when the document is ready>.
In every project where a tool or a resource is developed, information on that tool or resource should be submitted to HL7 Headquarters with the request to include the tool/ resource information in the HL7 Tool Catalogue. For this, HL7 created a template which can be downloaded here File:Template For Submission version02.xlsx. Please don't use any markup in the cells of the file, unless MediaWiki markup.
The process for getting a tool/ resource included in the HL7 Tool Catalogue is:
- Fill out this Excel form dowloaded from File:Template For Submission version02.xlsx
- Submit the completed form to the HL7Tooling@hl7.org
- The EST work group will review the submission and, if needed, ask for clarification on the information in the submission.
- If the submission will be included in the Tool Catalogue, an issue will be created on the GitHub issue tracker for the Tooling Catalogue to add the tool/resource. The issue will be tagged with data update.
- In case you have any questions about the submission of a specific tool, you can review the status of the tracker item.