December 18, 2015 Financial Management Work Group Conference Call
Return to Financial Management Home Page
Conference Call Schedule
- Occurs on Fridays, 4 PM Eastern
- Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 686300# (alternative for US if the first number doesn't work: +1 888-321-4501)
|Kathleen Connor Co-chair||x|
|Beat Heggli Co-chair|
|Paul Knapp Co-chair||x|
|John Moehrke Security Co-Chair|
- FHIR Connectathon prep
- Consider SSD vote on Occupational Data for Health Data Elements and Structure for Consolidated CDA Social History Section
- Consider FHIR ConsentDirective questions about whether ConsentDirective.authority and/or ConsentDirective.domain reference appropriate resources and whether both should reference both the Location and the Organization resources.
Definition = A formally recognized grouping of people, principals, organizations, or jurisdictions with legal standing to promulgate, administer, and enforce privacy policies and applicable Consent Directives. Control = 0..* Type = Reference (Organization)
- Organization Resource is described as:
A formally or informally recognized grouping of people or organizations formed for the purpose of achieving some form of collective action. Includes companies, institutions, corporations, departments, community groups, healthcare practice groups, etc.
- Organization Resource Boundaries and Relationships:
The Organization resource is used for collections of people that have come together to achieve an objective. The Group resource is used to identify a collection of people (or animals, devices, etc.) that are gathered for the purpose of analysis or acting upon, but are not expected to act themselves.
- The Organization resource often exists as a hierarchy of organization resources, using the part-of property to provide the association of the child to its parent organization.
This organizational hierarchy helps communicate the conceptual structure, whereas the Location resource provides the physical representation of the hierarchy. The linkage between Organization and Location is from each point in the location hierarchy to the appropriate level in the Organization hierarchy. These links don't all have to be to the top level Organization. When populating the organization and location hierarchies there is often not a clear distinction between these 2, however to assist in making the decision, Locations are always used for recording where a service occurs, and hence where encounters and observations are associated. The Organization property on these resources may not be the location where the service took place.
Definition = Recognized governance framework or system operating with a circumscribed scope in accordance with specified principles, policies, processes or procedures for managing rights, actions, or behaviors of parties or principals relative to privacy protection and control of the collection, access, use and disclosure of resources. Control = 0..* Type = Reference (Location)
- Location Resource is described as:
Details and position information for a physical place where services are provided and resources and participants may be stored, found, contained or accommodated.
- Location Resource Boundaries and Relationships:
Locations and Organizations are very closely related resources and can often be mixed/matched/confused. The Location is intended to describe the more physical structures managed/operated by an organization, whereas the Organization is intended to represent the more conceptual hierarchies, such as a ward. A Location is valid without an address in cases where it could be purely described by a geo-coded location in remote areas, or when recorded by a device. Locations with a mode = "kind" would also likely not have an address, as they are just a type of location, but could also have an address where they can be found at the address. Another use of location could be for describing a Jurisdiction. This jurisdiction may be considered a classified boundary which could be a combination of a physical boundary, and some other discriminator(s):
- Nation - Country wide community or Federal Government (Ministry of Health)
- Province or State (community or Government)
- Business (throughout an enterprise)
- Business scope (CDC/FDA)
- Business segment (UK Pharmacy)
- Consider Angelique's questions and list discussion about Mapping EDI 387i Type of Bill element to Fhir Claim
- Review previous minutes:
- Minutes 12/4 - Kathleen moved, Andy seconded approval. Vote to approve 3-0-3.
- Minutes 12/11 - Kathleen moved, Andy seconded approval. Vote to approve 3-0-3.
- FM considered SSD vote on Occupational Data for Health Data Elements and Structure for Consolidated CDA Social History Section. Mark moved, Andy seconded to approve support to SSD 3-0-0. Kathleen to notify SSD for WG.
- FM provisionally updated FM 994 Project Insight, which will be reviewed for approval at WGM.
- Paul provided detailed Connectathon update:
- Participants need to sign up on the site
- Participants can find test data for this Connectathon atConnectathon 9 test data.
- FMG asked all participants to do TestScripts Resources for Aegis test server. If not able to get done, that won't block participation. Storage, return of resource, and then do a GET to see that it got stored - not applicable to FM resources since it's the resource response, not the storage of the claim that is tested.
- WG voted to approve Occupational Data for Health Data Elements and Structure for Consolidated CDA Social History Section PSS Mark moved, Andy seconded 3-0-0.
- FHIR ConsentDirective questions about datatypes was reviewed by walking through several use cases in light of the definitions of Organization and Location Resource. Contract/ConsentDirective.authority is the "who" that governs or enforces the contract, so this may be a jurisdictional "state" as opposed to the Contract/ConsentDirective.domain, which is the "where" or jurisdiction's geo-location.
- WG updated Orlando FM Agenda per discussion.
- WG discussed a tentative solution to Angelique's questions and list discussion about Mapping EDI 387i Type of Bill element to FHIR Claim. Recommendation, to be discussed Wed. Q2 at WGM, is that a new Claim.subtype 0..*, Coding is needed to support various jurisdictions' requirements to further differentiate claim types. This will support specifying the code system by the Coding URL and the value. This approach can address requirements in the universal realm and avoids "one off" extension devices, especially given that Claims are processed for providers by payers from different domains.
- No FM calls until Jan. 22.
FM wishes all a Happy Holiday Season!