This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

December 11, 2013 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


  • Melva Peters (chair and scribe)
  • Ken Chen
  • Mary Ann Boyle (Staff Resource)
  • Patrick Loyd
  • Sharon Chaplock (Staff Resource)



  • SAIF Webinar
Action:  Patrick to follow up with Ron Parker
  • Request from Security WG to add their "free" tutorial to the Tutorial Grid for May 2014
Action: Mary Ann will send tutorial specification and determine requirement - COMPLETE
Action: Mary Ann to followup
  • Request from US Domain task force to create an SDO Class for Government Contractors (Keith Boone)
    • The class would describe standards development practices of SDO's and how contractors can better engage with SDOs. While we would certainly focus a good portion of content on engagement with HL7, we have other SDO constituencies within HL7 (CDISC, DICOM and IHE) that can add to the material making it even more valuable.
    • If there is enough interest during the call in developing such a course, we could begin a Project Scope statement are start developing the material for delivery perhaps in May.
Action:  Melva to send back to Keith - if they believe there is enough interest - develop PSS and Tutorial Specification and submit for approval

Project Approval

Action:  Patrick to followup with Chairs to see if approved by TSC

Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits

  • Patrick reviewed the 2 PSS for workshops
    • Suggested David Hay being added to FHIR workshop

File:HL7 Project Scope Statement v2013 - v2 Workshop.doc

File:HL7 Project Scope Statement v2013 - FHIR Workshop.doc

Action:  add approval as agenda item for January 2014 Education teleconference


  • Continue discussion started in Cambridge
  • Patrick has talked to Mary Ann
  • Discuss in January - discuss which policies we have vs what we need

Action Item Followup - Deferred

Education Action List

  • see updates on Action List Page

eLearning update (Diego)

  • International course is closing
  • Brazil and Romania have completed their course
  • Courses still underway in Pakistan
  • Some comments have been received about the course
    • need to review and revise the course
      • HQ need to take the lead on this work - needs to be ongoing
Action:  Add to agenda for Cambridge
Action:  Sharon to reach out to Diego

Member Advantage Webinar Selection

  • Discussion of topics for upcoming webinars
    • File:Suggested Topics for Member Advantage Webinars.docx
    • planning on offering 1 Webinar per month - free for Members as a member benefit
    • Suggestions for topics/sequence of topics - should be at a high level and not compete with fee-based webinars
      • need 12 topics for 2014 (and potential speakers)
  • suggestion from Heather - Survey Monkey to get feedback on priorities
  • Comment from John Ritter - should include some that are more internationally focused
  • Request for MU2 Immunization Messaging Training (Wayne Walker, Nemours)
  • Suggestion from Ken McCaslin - allow non-members to pay to participate in these webinars and to offer in conjunction with other organizations
    • consult with universities to see what is being offered or planned and directions
  • suggestion for MU2 and immunization messaging from Rob Savage (he volunteered to develop and present)
Action:  Melva to forward these emails to Sharon
Action:  Add as agenda item for January 2014 WGM


  • None

Next meeting

  • Next meeting - January 8, 2013