Consent on FHIR
Security WG members collaborating on ONC Patient Choice Project Mike Davis, Duane Decouteau,Mohammad Jafari, and Tony Mallia participated in the ONC Patient Choice Basic Consent Pilots at the HL7 Connectathon. Presentations, demonstration, and other material available on this page.
FHIR server with the capability to enforce patient consent via a third-party authorization server (UMA) as well as enforcing overarching organizational Security Labeling Service (SLS)/Privacy Protective Service (PPS) services. The server modifies and labels the outgoing bundles on a dynamic per-request basis based on applicable patient consents as well as the overarching SLS and PPS rules (including the high-watermark label on the bundle).
- Health Privacy Summit 2013 VA-SAMHSA Pilot Duane Decouteau
- Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P) Title 38 Section 7332 Duane Decouteau
- Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P) 42 CFR Part 2 Duane Decouteau
- HIMSS 2013 Interoperability Demonstrations Data Segmentation for Privacy Duane Decouteau
- VA ONC Patient Choice Pilot FHIR Consent UMA Connectathon
- VA January 2017 San Antonio Connectathon: Cascaded Authorization FHIR Client Demonstration
- Security WG FHIR STU3 Server UMA Client Demo temporarily unavailable