A Conformance Claim is a set of conformance statements. Aconformance claim contains a quick and pretty complete overview of all issues that are important when trying to decide (at a high level) "will this application X be able to communicate with application Y".
- The role/functionality of the application (0.5 of a page)
- The version (or: Normative Edition) of HL7 it supports
- What other conformance documents or profiles does the application claim conformance to (an HL7 profile, an IHE profile, a vendor profile, an HL7 affiliate profile, etc.)
- The transport protocols it supports, does it support the HL7 defined Transport protocols and if so, how. What is the implementation profile for the transport ?
- Does the application use extensions with regards to the standard, if so: where, and why ?