This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

Conformance Weekly Meeting 2018 05 21

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Meeting Information

  • Date: Monday, May 21, 2018
  • Time: 10:00 am, North America Eastern Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
  • Phone Number: +1 515-739-1227
  • Pass Code: 732544
  • Web Meeting: Free Conference Call

Proposed Agenda Topics

Topics to discuss:

  • Cologne WGM Debrief
    • Next Action items
  • Baltimore WGM Room Assignments
  • Length Discussion
  • Discussion about FHIR Strategy
    • FHIR Ballot coming up, need to make sure all conformance issues have been addressed
  • Ballot reconciliation of the standardized data type flavors library


  • Going over agenda for these meetings
  • Data Type Flavors Library Ballot Reconciliation
    • Some discussion about comments during Cologne meeting
    • Nothing overwhelmingly negative
    • Need to make sure that the actual data types have been reviewed, not just the overall concept, need to reach out to authors of V2 guides to ask them to look at them
  • Cologne debrief
    • Steering Division: Gave a brief presentation of the PSS for conformance model for V2. They approved it. So we are on track to ballot in September.
    • Reviewed the data type flavors from the ballot
    • Tooling session: Rob presented on NIST tooling and Richard both presented on Touchstone. There was a contingent of students there interested in tooling.
    • FHIR topic, FHIR strategy. Had a fairly large crowd. Michel and Grahame. Representing FHIR in v2 structures. Connectathon track for validation and compare it to V2.
    • Interesting discussion with Vocabulary about extensibility. If I don't know anything I can go ahead and send you a code. But how do you profile something that is extensible? There are a lot of mechanics that are not well defined or explained. Not really in V2 either but will be addressed by new conformance methodology. Talking about value set being required.
  • Rob is going to prepare for discussion next week about Data Type Flavors ballot.


  • Craig Newman
  • Nathan Bunker
  • Rob Snelick

Todo List