Jump to navigation Jump to search
Does anyone have an example of an FAQ focused on newcomers from some other technology domain?
The outline below is a skeleton. But it would be better to adopt a conventional FAQ format.
- 1 General Information
- 1.1 What tutorials or other documents are useful for newcomers
- 1.2 What tools are available to perform validation?
- 1.3 How do I register a message profile with HL7?
- 1.4 Where can I find examples of HL7 confomance statements?
- 1.5 Where can I find examples of message profiles
- 1.6 How do I create a message profile (especially the static definition)?
- 1.7 What are some capabilities of message profiles?
- 2 Conformance in HL7 v2.5
- 3 Conformance in HL7 v2.6
- 4 Conformance in HL7 v2.7
- 5 Conformance in HL7 V3
What tutorials or other documents are useful for newcomers
- HL7 Conformance Tutorial dated October 2001 by Ioana Singureanu and Mary Ann Juurlink, see HL7 Canada archive
- Version 2 Messaging Conformance (tutorial) dated May 2006 by Abdul-Malik Shakir (?contact him for availability)
What tools are available to perform validation?
- See HL7API on Sourceforge (Are the references on this page up to date? Who maintains it?)
- MWB, Symphonia, Chameleon, Neotool, HL7 Connect. MWB and Symphonia are known to support the HL7 defined conformance profile (XML file) specification.
How do I register a message profile with HL7?
- see users guide on hl7 web site
Where can I find examples of HL7 confomance statements?
- (Enter "HL7 conformance statement"in any search engine.)
Where can I find examples of message profiles
- ADT examples from Jenni in HL7 registry
- examples from HL7 Germany (Frank)
- examples from Abdul-Malik's work in California
- other examples ... Australia? Canada?
- example of human-readable "interface spec"
How do I create a message profile (especially the static definition)?
- (can use MWB to create; XSLT or similar to produce human-readable "interface spec")
- The Symphonia toolkit has a build in option of generating documentation.
What are some capabilities of message profiles?
- Can message profiles be used with both ER7 and XML encoding?
- Can message profiles require or constrain the use of v2 extensibility features (z-segments, etc.)
- Can message profiles constrain use of hierarchal data elements (e.g., components and subcomponents in complex data types)?
- How do message profiles interact with Value Sets?
Conformance in HL7 v2.5
Introduction - What are the basic concepts of conformance in HL7 v2.5?
What are the current normative documents?
- Conformance using Message Profiles, section 2.12 in the approved v2.5 standard (July 2003) The message profile schema and DTD in section 2.19 are also normative.
- V2.xml document
Is there a profile for the HL7 v2.5 standard?
Conformance in HL7 v2.6
What additional conformance capabilities are being balloted in v2.6?
- (is there a list in the v2.6 ballot draft?)
Conformance in HL7 v2.7
What additional conformance practices are being considered for upcoming versions (v2.7 and beyond)?
- See the working draft of the Conformance Implementation Manual
- Conformance and InM have discussed to allow for a more precise definition of length information in the attribute table. We will introduce a minimal length as well. Furthermore, the length information will be taken out of the normative part for most of the elements (except e.g. MSH-1 and MSH-2). This allows for a more precise definition of a message profile.
Conformance in HL7 V3