Communication FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 Communication
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
This resource is a record of a communication. A communication is a conveyance of information from one entity, a sender, to another entity, a receiver. The sender and receivers may be patients, practitioners, related persons, organizations, and devices. Communication use cases include
- A reminder or alert delivered to a responsible provider
- A recorded notification from the nurse that a patient's temperature exceeds a value
- A notification to a public health agency of a patient presenting with a communicable disease reportable to the public health agency
- Patient educational material sent by a provider to a patient
Lloyd to provide
- Communications are foundational to the coordination and delivery of care. The Communication resource captures communications between the various stakeholders involved in the provision of care. This may include provider-to-provider exchanges as well as patient-to-provider exchanges. Communications are not limited to human senders and recipients.
- Unified communication systems in a SOA environment.
- FHIR Profiles for Quality
Refer to 'Scope of Coverage' for some examples.
This resource is a record of a communication that was performed. A communication is a conveyance of information from one entity, a sender, to another entity, a receiver. The sender and receivers may be patients, practitioners, related persons, organizations, and devices.
Please refer to the proposed resource definition: http://hl7-fhir.github.io/communication.html
May 2015 DSTU