Clinician on FHIR 2018
International Clinician-on-FHIR events are continuing hosted the first meeting at the Chicago HL7 International Workgroup meetings, September 2014.
This event has successfully attracted significant participants and contributions from clinicians and health informaticists. The September 2017 event registered over 45 participants.
Useful lessons are continuously learnt during and after each Clinician on FHIR event. They contribute towards achieving the following objectives:
- to identify any issues arising from clinical use of FHIR resources tested - to provide recommendations to enhance/improve the FHIR resources tested leading to
- - improvement of the accuracy, validity and usability of FHIR resources
- to improve the clinical governance processes, contributing to maturity and fitness-for-clinical-purpose of clinical and related (e.g. administrative and infrastructure) resources
Three Clinician-on-FHIR events are being planned for the 2018 WGMs.
For those who are interested in testing FHIR resources, this excellent tool is available to all:
Follow this blog for discussions on clinical aspects of FHIR:
The Clinicians on FHIR events target participants are those with clinical backgrounds:
- Physicians (including specialist physicians, pathologist, radiologist ...)
- Nurses (including nurse specialist, nurse practitioner ...)
- Other allied health practitioners, e.g. occupational therapist
- - Date: Friday 2 February 2018
- - Date: Friday 18 May 2018
- - Date: Friday 5 October 2018
- Note - meeting minutes will be captured in each weekly Clinician-on-FHIR conference calls