CSCR-014 moodCode Domain Naming
Back to Clinical Statement Change Requests page.
|Submitted by: Heath Frankel?||Revision date: 27 Jan 1005|
|Submitted date: ?||Change request ID: CSCR-014|
(Copied from HL7 Website Meeting Minutes and original Change Request)
MoodCode x domain in Procedure has confusing name
Create a new domain naming method
27 January 2005
- was never made to include ‘document’ in the name – to be taken back to the working group for alternate term.
- Heath Frankel reported a proposal had been forwarded for x domain to use clinical statement observation
- Dan Russler asked whether all mood codes should be made the same. Are there any other moods that should be excluded – should a constraint be added to the model that requires lots of variability (need to be able to itemize in the narrative, ie need to be able to explain why things were left out)
- Bob Dolin took opposite position, only explained why they should be included, putting onus on those with new items to bring forward documented use cases.
- Dan Russler suggested we should not require every committee to bring their use cases to the CS work group – there should be some discretion for committees re use of mood codes
- Bob Dolin did not take every mood code because took the position did not want every act outside the CS having to be included.
- David Markwell supported Bob Dolin’s position
- Hans Buitendijk is concerned at being too generic, supportive of having specific x domains supported by use cases with clear naming. Start up smaller and then see how this grows.
- Summary: invite those with concerns to submit proposals and inviting contributions for X domain clinical statements
Motion (Heath, Dan): Proposal for convention for the style for naming mood codes - X_MoodClinicalStatementClass name
- Against: 0; Abstain: 5; In Favor: 47
Dan Russler, David Rowed, Hans Buitendijk, Austin Kreisler, Michael Tan, Jim McCain, Andrew Hinchley, Andrew Perry, Hiro Hoshimoto, Sam Heard, Ed Hammond, Craig Parker, Garry Cruickshank, Davera Gabriel, Max Walker, Isobel Frean, Kay Avant, Rob Hallowell, Mark Shafarman, Tim Jones, David Markwell, Charlie Bishop, Calvin Beebe, Fred Behlen, Hugh Glover, Francois Macary, Julie James, Edward Cheetham, Rita Altamore, Joel Chambriais, Francine Kitchen, Peter Kress, Lowell Reid, Mike Kenig, Sue Thompson, Marguerite Galloway, Lisa Small, Jim Case, Clem McDonald, Helmut Konig, Mike Cassidy, Ron Van Duyne, Greg Thomas, Dougbai Guo, Amy Patitucci, Vassil Peytechev, Tim McNeil, Harry Solomon, Kai Heitmann, Deb Belcher, Sally Klein, Charles Parisot, Kevin Sprague, Rob McClure, Amlan Dasgupta, Stephen Chu, Kensaku Kawamoto, Heath Frankel