CDA and Allergy/Intolerance & Adverse Reaction: Issues, Harmonization and Examples
Return to: Patient Care
Return to: Allergy & Intolerance
C-CDA and Allergy/Intolerance Harmonization Activities
DSTU Comments for CCDA 1.1 and 2 PC WG Allergies 2015 6 4 Submission.docx
- Allergy/Intolerance - C-CDA harmonization discussions & decision documents:
- - Allergy/Intolerance - C-CDA harmonization analysis
- - Allergy/Intolerance - C-CDA harmonization decision: 2014-10-01
- - Allergy/Intolerance - C-CDA Harmonization Table for R1.1 and R2.0: 2015-6-4
- - Allergy/Intolerance - C-CDA Harmonization Table for R1.1 and R2.0: 2015-6-11
- - Patient Care WG Letter to Structured Docs WG 2015-6-30
- - Presentation to Structured Docs WG Re Criticality 2015-6-25
- "Undeprecating" Allergy Status Observation and Problem Status C-CDA Templates:
- - C-CDA deprecated these two templates. The replacement solutions are inadequate for representing the rich clinical semantics required for asserting different clinical status types.
- - A presentation was made at the September 2014 Chicago WGM to request "undeprecating" these two templates:
Questions are often raised regarding how certain demographic and clinical data should be represented using C-CDA templates.
Often there are disagreements on whether certain approaches in data representations are desirable, correct or constitute best practices.
Representation of allergy/intolerance and adverse reactions data in C-CDA Adverse Reaction Section and Entry templates is one such area where significant disagreements exist.
PCWG is collaborating with experts from Structured Document WG and other interested parties in developing:
- Guidelines on how best to represent allergy/intolerance and adverse reactions using C-CDA templates
- xml examples representing a variety of use cases
Link to C-CDA Example Task Force wiki page
The C-CDA Example Task Force is working on producing a number of xml examples to provide guidance on how different C-CDA templates can/should be used to exchange demographic and clinical data.