This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Baltimore WGM Minutes September 2012

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Return to: V3 Publishing Main Page > V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes > 2012

Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes


Baltimore WGM -- Q3 Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Date: 2012-09-12
Time: 1:45-2:30 pm Eastern
Facilitator Woody Beeler (WB) Note taker(s) Don Lloyd (DL)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
× Pete Gilbert (PG)
Alexander Henket (AH) E.Novation
Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC/CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Brian Pech (BP) Kaiser-Permanente
× Andy Stechishin (AS) via Skype Gordon Point Informatics
Rob Savage (RS)
Michael Tan (MT) NICTIZ
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes


Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Announcements
  3. Around the table
  4. Normative Edition Status
  5. Update on Action Items
    • AS will produce chart/model/diagram to create a visual image of the Publishing Workflow
    • GWB will follow up with Security model to determine if it can be opened and updated
    • AS will create Publishing Steps Wiki page
    • AS needs to add super process documentation on wiki for new Publishing Process steps
    • GWB needs to add documentation on non-domain quick publishing step
  6. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
  7. Adjourn


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda
    • Called to order 1:55 pm Eastern
  2. Announcements
    • DL notes that NE 2012 was released to membership on 9/7/12.
  3. Around the Table
    • WB notes passage of CMET R3 normative ballot, and expects that this version of the CMETs will appear in NE 2013. Single negative vote was cast by Virginia Lorenzi and she agreed to withdraw following commitment by publishing and MnM to, first, add a check for attribute level descriptions into the QA report and , second, that MnM will endeavor to add attribute level descriptions as CMETs come to ballot again.
    • WB provides update on potential need to publish limited domain spaces in both data-types R2 (current) and data-types R1.1 or R2b in order to satisfy requirements from the FDA.
    • WB notes that FHIR is considering balloting again in the January 2013 cycle. FHIR meetings have been well attended and informative. WB and DL attended a meeting hosted by FHIR on 9/11/12, joint with Tooling and Publishing. In principle, Publishing supports the goal of making the distribution and publishing of FHIR as easy as possible. Depending upon the advancements of FHIR, WB suggests the potential of approaching HL7 leadership to find an additional staff resource to monitor FHIR publishing, tooling and other needs.
    • WB notes that Publishing has stated to the TSC that it might be desirable to require WGs to sign-off on their content before ballot opening. AS notes difficulty caused by the lock-down of the V3 ballot site to signed-in members shortly before the ballot opening. WB notes notion of tracking whether a WG has 'checked' their material before ballot opening, and suggests use of a text file or the like in the SVN space for the domain.
    • WB suggests that an additional fields be added to the Notification of Intent to Ballot forms asking whether the item being submitted for ballot has any regulatory requirements to be published before a particular date, and, if so, what that date is. Item was table for future discussion.
    • WB notes need to document the tooling suite.
  4. Normative Edition Status
    • DL notes desired goal of compiling NE 2013 Potential Content List by end-of-November.
    • WB notes that one domain may want to ballot from a hand-edited mif file.
  5. Update on Action Items
    • No Update
  6. Future Business
    • No Update
  7. Adjourned at approximately 2:45 PM.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • September 21, 2012