This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Aug 8, 2012 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Chair - Melva Peters
  • Patrick Loyd
  • Mary Ann Boyle
  • AbdulMalik Shakir
  • Virginia Lorenzi
  • Diego Kaminker

Agenda

  • Steering Division Co-Chair - Andy Stechishin - elected
  • eLearning Update
    • August edition - 279 registrants with 23 scholarships
      • Starts August 16
    • Planning for ELC session in Baltimore
      • will hold during Education Quarters (Thursday Q1 or Q2)
      • Raise awareness at International Council
Melva to reach out to Fercam to set agenda
  • Evaluation Results from St. Louis
    • was successful
    • St Louis - should consider the location again - good value and central
    • Meaningful Use - better to have instructors to have implemented MU
      • Virginia could contribute and could be considered for an instructor for V2
    • All Education courses - need to consider implementation experience
      • V3 - look for implementation experiences
      • 2 implementation classes in V3 track - Mead and Rene
      • Intro to V3 - Patrick and Melva will help with implementation slide decks
Add Agenda Item for WGM - discussion - how to make the V3 track more meaningful to implementers - could consider a workshop
  • Planning for November - San Francisco
    • needs to be well marketed to draw people
    • V2
    • CDA
    • 1st day - InfoButton and Immunization
    • 2nd day - v3
Patrick will look at Messaging Work Bench tutorial to see what can be done to update
  • Project Review
    • RIM Certification Test Update Project (PSS 886) (Virginia) - no update
    • Tutorial Tracking Information System (PSS )(AMS) - no update
    • Academia Engagement Project (PSS 753) - no update
    • HL7 Certification Enhancement (PSS 865) - no update
    • Education Webinars (PSS 871) - no update
    • Electronic Certification Testing (PSS 882) - no update
  • NextGenU - no update
Melva to reach out to Mark on MOU
  • Planning for September WGM
    • joint meeting with Marketing - FIHR message - how do we control
    • Changes to education summits with Webinars
    • ELC discussion
    • New Courses - should consider new courses for future
    • Format of Education Summits
Melva to develop draft agenda for WGM and post on Wiki
  • Tutorials
    • UML - Patrick
      • list serve has been created
    • V3 Project Manager - Marc Koehn
      • no update
  • Policy/Procedure
    • Auditing - Patrick
      • Patrick will develop a framework for the next meeting
  • Education Director - starts in August

Any other Business

  • Tutorial Specifications
    • Mary Ann has received specifications from 7 speakers
Mary Ann to forward list of speakers who have not submitted to co-chairs
Co-Chairs to follow up with individuals
Mary Ann to forward specifications received to co-chairs
  • Consider Ambassador session on Meaningful Use for Ed Summit in November
  • Resources for our Instructors - we should consider what we can provide to help

Next Meeting

  • August 22nd at 11am Eastern