This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

April 6, 2016 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Attendees

  • Kai Heitman
  • Rick Geimer
  • Melissa Mendivil - Optum
  • Fernando Compananos (Chair)
  • Virginia Lorenzi (Chair)
  • Mary Ann Boyle (HL7 HQ)
  • Sharon Chaplock (HL7 HQ)
  • Melanie Hilliard (HL7 HQ)

Quorum

  • Yes until 4:24 - after that met with staff - no voting.

Agenda

Update on Mobile Question App

  • Marcelo to review CDA ontology. Waiting on Marcelo. However, Sharon further explained the way the Qstream tool will work and noted that we only need a small number of questions in the beginning to initially deploy the tool. We discussed asking for volunteers to create questions at the working group meeting.

EHR Tutorial Update

(Prior Action Item: Education WG to review Tutorial Specification and provide feedback to Reed) Virginia recently reached out to Reed Gelzer again about the idea of webinars.

Tutorial Grid/Review Process for Sept WGM

  • (Last status: Process distributed to list - Virginia to assemble feedback)
  • Review. MaryAnn to provide work flow/timeline.

Certification Update

  • Report on Professional Certification

Survey had a record number of responses so this looks very positive

  • Report on Arden Syntax

Arden workgroup needs to create a competancy survey.

Update on Proposed Tools Webinars/Tutorials

  • Status on Kai's tutorial spec review

Reed and Kai joined to ask about the progress on the new tutorial "CDA Template Design in Theory and Practice". Mary Ann noted that it was being considered for the September plenary meeting and was just waiting for board approval. We decided to go over the September grid on the next call.

Headquarters Updates and Requests - Sharon/Mary Ann/Melanie

  • Key Initiatives for 2016, status on Path to FHIR training documentation

Working on Learning Path Matrix for Career Advancement to help people plan their training strategy in HL7 - Melva sent request for input on the web "crowd sourcing" feedback. Asking everyone to label tutorials as Entry, Intermediate, or Advanced. Benefactor and Gold member Case Study webinars are being planned. Did not get any feedback - will also try to use education luncheon for this or work on it at WGM during a quarter.

Melanie discussed marketing observations. We discussed WGM and summit cancelations and the need to reach outside our membership.

Mary Ann asked if we should run another FHIR workshop (in July or November) this year?

Virginia brought up the idea of one day FHIR trainings in big cities teaming up with colleges/local HIT communities to determine venue. She will reach out to some contacts.

Discussion of Implementation Workshops

Ideas for Webinars/Ed Summits and how to get more

Education dashboard/metrics (Deferred)

  • Inventory of Tutorials and Tutorial Specifications

Adjournment

  • We had quorum until 4:26 and then had discussion with no decisions.