April 5th 2017 Education Telecon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Approve prior minutes and review agenda
- Certification Status:
- V2.8 status
- Discuss status of FHIR certification - PSSes, business plan, etc.
- Note: Some dates still need to be reviewed by FMG and Implementer's Committee will continue to review Credentialing one.
- Madrid check in
- Planning Sept grid
- Review Education Dashboard
- HL7 Education for Clinicians - status
- Discuss Newcomer Webinar
- Report from HQ and others on active education initiatives from ed and marketing perspective and their needs
Call to Order
- Call info: Wednesday, 4PM EDT Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 447895
GotoMeeting for HL7 Education:
- Attendees: Sharon Kayne Chaplock, MaryAnne Boyle, Virginia Lorenzi, Melissa Mendivil, Fernando Campos, Susan Fenton
Approval of minutes and agenda
- Approved minutes from last two conference calls. Approved agenda.
- V2.8 is ready to go. Melissa finishing Ed to Go questions
- Virginia and Sharon noted that Implementer's Committee asked for some statistics on number of certifications per year - thought it would be a good idea to share with education on subsequent call or meeting
- FHIR certification -
- Virginia noted plans to roll out proficiency exam first.
- She plans to review the draft test and determine feasibility to have it ready so we can announce that it will be piloted (tested) in September. She will report back.
- Mary Ann felt a discount would be fine. Had concern about having too many people in the test since setting computer up distracts others.
- Virginia suggested two rooms or two sittings.
- Sharon felt she would have another people taking it to have a good pilot for evaluation purposes including cut score determination
- Mary Ann said we usually announce a new test at least 6 months in advance.
- Virginia feels that announcing pilot in Sept at the May meeting and releasing materials to guide those studying at that time would be enough
- Agreed that materials needed would be the study guide and guidance on what courses would be helpful to prepare (ie "path to certification").
- Ed to Go and Practice Test could come a bit later.
- Mary Ann thought Diego, Fernando, Rik, and Melva might all be good reviewers. Virginia wants review limited more than the prior FHIR credential test however.
== Discussed possibly offering a prep class in Sept WGM.
HL7 for Clinicians
- Meeting held with Anita - focus on online self-paced. More progress needed.